Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,907   Posts: 1,555,872   Online: 950

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Changing film midroll on Mamiya 330f - possible?

Forgive me is this is a really dumb question but I'm new to this camera and still learning about it's capabilities. I was just thinking about a trip I'm getting ready to go on and I'll betcha ten bucks that there will be situations where I will want to shoot in color (I usually shoot in B&W).

So, is it possible?

Thanks in advance

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Changing film midroll on a medium format camera without interchangeable backs is more trouble than it's worth. You've only got 12 6x6 shots on a roll anyway. If this is something you want to do often, consider a modular camera or a second body.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I shot the mamiya 330 for years, and never found a reasonable way to do what you are thinking about, the only thing I ever did, was when I wanted to change rolls, was run it through the rest of the exposures, then remove and load anothe roll of film in the emulsion that I wanted to shoot, yes, I ended up with a bit of wasted film, but it was a cheap price to pay to get the shots I was able to get. If changing mid-roll is something you want to do regularly, then as David suggested, your best to get a camera with a removable back, which are surprisingly reasonable now a days.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's what I was kinda thinkin' but it never hurts to ask - it's not uncommon for someone to have thought of something I did not

Thanks for your insight, Dave & David!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey, I have another dumb question regarding my Mamiya... Is it ok to change lenses while film is in the camera?

Thank you

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Digidurst
    Hey, I have another dumb question regarding my Mamiya... Is it ok to change lenses while film is in the camera?

Thank you
    Absolutely! There is a device that "unlocks" the lens. When the lens is unlocked, a baffle slips into place to block light from getting to the film with the lens off. You can check this by taking a lens off and looking inside the camera body. Turn the lock on and off and the baffle should move into and out of the way.

Clear as mud? Hope that helps. Maybe someone else can explain it better.

Cheers

David

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you decide to swap out film, there is a 'feature' on these cameras where if you hold down the shutter release after the last exposure you intend making on the film and windon, the camera will wind off all the remaining film.

It is not used much - usually by accident with a cable release that does not retract fully.

I described lens changing in another thread withing the past few days. There were links to manuals there too.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    Absolutely! There is a device that "unlocks" the lens. When the lens is unlocked, a baffle slips into place to block light from getting to the film with the lens off. You can check this by taking a lens off and looking inside the camera body. Turn the lock on and off and the baffle should move into and out of the way.

Clear as mud? Hope that helps. Maybe someone else can explain it better.

Cheers

David
    No, you explained it perfectly - thank you!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey, can I rob this thread for a second?? Digidurst, you may know this anyway....

On the C330, I just bought a 135mm lens... It came with this little rectangle, metal, framing thingy... I can only discribe it as something that looks like a miniture negative holder.... It has two little holes that looks to mount to some pins or screw heads. Please tell me it is not important...

My girlfriend took that camera last night and shot 4 rolls with it, w/o me figuring out what it was for....

Images
    It sounds like a 135 frame for the sports finder on the waist-level finder. Does it fit those pins?
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin