Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,542   Online: 1186

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: DOH!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bobfowler
    You mean like when pulling holder from the case - grabbing it by the darkslide handles instead of the holder itself and having both slides come out and the holder hit the ground? In front of a LOT of people who were watching the guy with the "antique" camera? Or maybe you were talking about installing a bag bellows and forgetting to secure the clip at the bottom to the front standard? How about pulling the darkslide and hearing "THUNK" as the film fell out of the holder into the camera? Oh yes, lest we forget... How about shooting with an empty holder!?

Nah... Large format is absolutely FOOLPROOF!

hehehe
    Holy Crap!!!...gigg9iling uncontrollably with tears in my eyes!!!!

I'm gonna print this one out and tack it to the wall of my cube.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I was laugh so hard, my co-worker think something went wrong with me.

Here is my story. It was a foggy day, and there were some swans in the bay, the pier was covered with fog, dreamy scene, I had thousands of pictures in my head, so, before the inspiration runs out, I just started shooting like crazy... When everything calmed down, I just realized I had only 10 shots left on the roll, how come I can keep shooting like the film never ends. My heart gone ice cold. got home, examed camera, I know the 10 frame were wasted when I noticed I had the camera on multi-shot!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    ...Hearing the "clink" sound of a glass plate falling out of the holder when you're trying to reinsert the dark slide?
    I was lucky and had only 10 minutes walk to get back to my darkroom. Carried the camera very carefully, back down inside the darkcloth back to the darkroom, removed the lens, pushed the plate in with a finger through the lensboard opening, inserted the darkslide, and finally started breathing again.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I must be getting old - I can't remember any of my LF mistakes. Selective memory at play, no doubt, or maybe self preservation: why would I tell you guys all the stupid things I've done?

Incidentally, did you know that 4x5 film holders don't float and are not water proof?
    Graeme Hird
    www.scenebyhird.com

Failure is NOT an option! It comes bundled with your software ....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeme Hird
    Incidentally, did you know that 4x5 film holders don't float and are not water proof?
    Neither is a Nikon F... One of mine is on the bottom of the Raritan Bay...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Images
    Putting the quick load in backward makes for a funky red image.

Realizing you took the lenses out of the bag to clean them and did not put them back into the bag. you only realize this after a two mile hike and an hour drive.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Of course Jorge, that "never" happens. lol

I guess one of my favorites is leaving the lens cap on, on the inside of the bellows. I look at the front, it's ok, nothing! I make sure the film holder is out, NOthing, I make sure the shutter is open, NOTHING. Then after that brief moment of sickness thinking my lens is broken, I remember to check the rear lens cap. <naughty word here>
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Nikon F?

Bob Fowler-NikonF? I thought that was a FLUKE that I caught. No wonder all the fish are dead in Raritan Bay!
    Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peters
    Bob Fowler-NikonF? I thought that was a FLUKE that I caught. No wonder all the fish are dead in Raritan Bay!
    Peter
    Hey... I was young! I was stupid! I had no future! My tux didn't come back from the cleaners! IT WASN'T MY FAULT!!!

hehehe
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Rangefinder pains

Oh, a story with my beloved Fujica G690... an excellent weather, flowers all around, me shooting like mad. The roll should give 8 exposures, and I took much more... how comes? I just forgot to switch a small freaky control from S(heetfilm) to R(ollfilm), so my faithful Fujica shot half of frames (it takes two strokes for 6x9) without any doubt. More, in my rage I forgot to take off the lens cap That was for better, because I finally found out what's wrong with my head, and rewound the whole roll back, using my zipped jacket as a changing bag ))))

Zhenya

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin