Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,896   Online: 1095

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Now there is something that got lost when car manufacturers concentrated on the infernal combustion engine instead of steam! Imagine a steam-powered car with espresso attachment
    Well yes, this would nicely solve the problem of enough steam for making microfoam for a real cappu. The espresso problem (water at 92 deg C and 9 bar pressure) isn't solved with a steam boiler... however, I could envision a small, steam powered pump and an auxillary water tank with steam pipes for heating and a purely mechanical thermostat. I'd like that, but for now a have to be content with my electric powered Miss Silvia (waiting to be PIDed).

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    12 volt expresso maker avaailable from Rider wearhouse.
    aerostitch.com cat # 4006
    If you really need it that badly. They also have a bunch of light weight camping gear. My favorite is the titanium utensils for competitive eating.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    12 volt expresso maker avaailable from Rider wearhouse.
    aerostitch.com cat # 4006
    If you really need it that badly. They also have a bunch of light weight camping gear. My favorite is the titanium utensils for competitive eating.
    Now, that would be nice... Think of the outfit... Italian car with espresso machine fitted in, Italian Armani suit, a German camera hanging on the neck... Wow ! It'll be a killer... ;-) No need to have any film loaded in the camera (of for the camera to be in working condition at all), just look at the girl thru your VERY DARK sleek design sunglasses , fake an Italian accent (baby, you wanna go forrr a rrride ?) and she'll go nuts for you on the spot...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi
    funny.. I never look at the modera furniture.. it's like digital images to me - without soul...

but for you, I am punishing my self: I am going to drink a large whisky.
    Mr. Gandolfi,
    here lies an age difference. I grew up in the seventies in a house decked out with 'modern' scandinavian design furniture. Well made. Nice wood. Weird shapes. When I look at such things now, it feels like home, and for me, home is not a word without soul to me. With regard to that furniture, I am beyond judgement, I'm being plain nostalgic. I know it. Don't worry. Have another whisky.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm not Mr. Gandolfi, but since I now own two Gandolfis (well, one and a half) I'll have a whisky anyway.

But to me "feels like home" means that all the funiture has been modified by cats. So the nice slick modern furniture isn't, at least not for long. So far the Italian leather sofa has survived
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    But to me "feels like home" means that all the funiture has been modified by cats. So the nice slick modern furniture isn't, at least not for long. So far the Italian leather sofa has survived
    Ah, our four cats + dog think there's nothing like modifying nice design furniture..which is quite well with us, so at least they stay away from the camera department ....where WE do the modifying.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    And my wife still can't understand why I'm averse to spending a bunch of money on a new couch (as opposed to carting home a pre-modified one from Salvation Army). Our cat also prefers the "soft corners" look on furniture, and is well equipped to produce it.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    35mm
    have you considered brewing Rodinal in an expresso machine?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    have you considered brewing Rodinal in an expresso machine?
    That is why old hassy backs have a window on the back so high pressure Rodinal steam can be used for rapid process, this feature was killed later when people used Polabacks.

Well, Morten among doctors and heavy Rodinal users, I could consider lending you a Rolleiflex 6008. That would give you the option to invest your money in a nice coffeeshop in the netherlands or did I get something wrong here? I drink tea.

Regards,

Wolfram
    Colour? We can always use an airbrush later...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Sounds like you're going to piss it away no matter the form.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin