Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,927   Posts: 1,522,143   Online: 936

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hasselblad shutter leafs supposed to have bent tips?

Hello,

A friend took a picture of me and while he was rewinding I noticed the shutter leafs opening again. Of the five leafs in my 80mm CB lens 3 have bent tips. Th etop one has a tip that bends out slightly wich seems logic but the one across wich is bent slightly downwards is not the bottom one so the bottom one will be bent down in return. I hope three of the tips are supposed to be bent. But it doesn't look natural and I've never seen it before.

Please tell me it's okay since I just bought the lens used and I don't have another lens to compare. Yoy can check it after you have taken a picture than look in the lens while rewinding, at the end of the rewinding the shutter will start to open this is when you can see all the leafs when half opened.

Thanks,
    Quinten

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It's so the tips skip past each other rather than collide and jam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That sounds good, but than the bottom leaf should bent down right? now it goes over another one, you can clearly feal the friction in the winder.

I've got a picture at http://www.allesismooi.nl/lensshutter.jpg

The one on top is bent up wich seems logic, but the one below is bent down but forces itsleves over the one on the left wich has a slight bent as well, the other two or perfectly straight. It's a bit hard to see on the pic..... I just hope I am seeing gosts...... Just lookes wierd to me since I don't see this in apendeture leafs on nikon lenses.

cheers..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The leaves in my Hassey lenses are like that as well. It's normal.

Does your camera still take pictures? If so, it doesn't matter if it's normal or not.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know folks, the leaves on all my Hassey lenses aren't like that at all...They're straight.

But I notice you have a CB lens with a different shutter than my CFE lenses.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Every Hasselblad lens (at least the CF and CB lenses) I've ever seen look the same. I've also seen quite a few threads on other websites by people who just bought a Hasselblad and wondered the same thing as well. I don't believe I saw any posts that said their lens wasn't the same. Of course, the previous poster said his/her lens doesn't look like that, so maybe they changed the shutter on the CFE lenses (which should be the exact same as the CF and CB though...I believe all Hasselblads have Prontor shutters... or is it Compur?... I forget...).

However, you say that three leaves are bent, but my 80CB only has two bent leaves, and no slightly bent ones.

Also, Hasselblad lenses are the only ones that I've seen with the bent leaves; none of my large format lenses have bent shutter leaves.

Shooter
    35mm
    Current lenses are prontor shutters. The older style were Compur.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The lenses for my Mamiya TLR all have one bent shutter leaf. It's built in to the design. BLIGHTY

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quentin,
    If you have a blade that actually "hops" over another one I believe the lens may have been serviced by a camera barbarian. The orientatiion of the top blade is correct, but unless the other blade is the bottom blade I believe it has either been incorrectly assembled, or when a lens group has been removed something got in there & bent it.
    Does it look like the bottom blade is actually causing a wear pattern on the blade beneath it? That would be a good indicator of something being wrong.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    Quentin,
    If you have a blade that actually "hops" over another one I believe the lens may have been serviced by a camera barbarian. The orientatiion of the top blade is correct, but unless the other blade is the bottom blade I believe it has either been incorrectly assembled, or when a lens group has been removed something got in there & bent it.
    Does it look like the bottom blade is actually causing a wear pattern on the blade beneath it? That would be a good indicator of something being wrong.
    That's precicely what it looks like, and the one with the tip down certainly isn't the bottom one. But it seems to work although it feels wierd to buy such a lens.

Thanks,
    Quinten

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin