Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,895   Online: 995

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used to have a RB67pro-s with 50mm, 90mm, and 250mm lenses. The quality of the optics was spot on. I used the RB with a 50mm lens for the 'Mudflats' shot (lurking around in the gallery somewhere!). BLIGHTY
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I own an RZ 67 Pro II as well as a Pentax 67 II. Considering what you intend on shooting, I would highly recommend a Pentax 67 II. Paying big bucks for the Mamiyas allow you to sync at all speeds being leaf shutter. The question you should ask yourself is not if the lens quality is up to par, but rather if you intend on using studio strobes.. If so, then you will like the leaf shutter from the Mamiya. If you need mobility, the Pentax 67 will work great! Trust me, poor image quality is usually not a result of the lens but rather the photographer

Attachment was done with Pentax 67 II - 200mm 4.5 with Ilford Pan F
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails negativeZ042.jpg  
    Money is not the problem. The problem is, I don't have any.

RB Lenses work on RZ. Can't do it the otherway around.

I would not worry about parts. There are so many RZ's around that parts are plentiful. Before I worry about parts not being around for an RZ (I have one and love it with its chimney finder), I would worry about film not being around (and I am not worrying about that yet).

Clarification: The RZ doens't have a meter in it. You need to get a metered finder to gain that capability. Me, I prefer the chimney finder (get to look down) and an external flash/spot meter.

--Jeffrey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I own an RZ pro II - you can use RB lenses on it fine (just need to rack it forward 7mm to get infinity focus) - but the plus side of this is that contrary to others reports you can use your RZ without a battery, you just need an RB lens for it as the shutter and control is all within the lens... I say RZ, seems to be a better and better 2nd hand market is appearing also -

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I own the Pro-S with the 127 C Lens which is very sharp. Nowdays I turn to it for any macro type of stuff I want to do with medium format film. I did lug it around Miami a bit when out doing architectural landscape stuff, but would probably have appreciated it more with a metering finder. The rotating back is the nuts tho, and I can see it being much preferable over the Pentax. Weight wise it wasn't much different then my 4x5 Super Graphic, it just shot faster. Since I enjoy shooting architectural landscapes, I think you'll find a need for a longer lens as well. Many times I came across shots that I could not get close to and which I wanted to isolate sections of on the whole neg without cropping. If you get the 50 or whatever, think about adding the longer optic as well. At the lower prices the outfits go for today, I think it is a workhorse that has it benefits, but a camera that has it's limitations. Today I shoot a Hassy with the left grip and a 60mm for my Arch landscapes, but now need the 150+ as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format

Very Happy Camper

I have only had my RB 67 Pro Sd for a couple of months. Equipped with only 90 and 127mm lens, I am very happy with this camera. With six months experience, Bronica ETRsi and Mamiya 645 1000s cameras as well, I mostly use my RB. Its heavy, so use a tripod.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    you can get 645 backs for the RB and RZ which should come with a masking for the finder (or just use electrical tape, or guess if you dont mind cropping) - I use one, but not so often, but it is good to have -

I think they are easier to find 2nd hand for the RZ tho

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin