Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,704   Posts: 1,548,473   Online: 872

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 70mm film backs

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    Trying this myself. David Romano's website is showing that he's expecting an order of b&w Kodak IR film (Type 2424), but is asking $750 per 150' roll. Seems high. Does anyone remember what it previousl went for? B&H no longer shows it on their site. FWIW, Kodak has pretty high minimum orders on the 70mm film these days. Between 4 and 18 rolls depending on film type.

While we're on the 70mm topic, how do you attach the film to the spool in the 15' cartridges? I found one website mention a metal clip, but none of the ones I have (all Kodak, from two different sources) have a metal clip, just a smooth plastic spool. Will tape work okay? If so, what type is best?
    i use paper-tape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by europanorama
    i use paper-tape.
    Thanks. There was post over on the medium format portion of photo.net saying that Maco is releasing a perforated 400 speed 70mm IR in October. Things may be looking up. I haven't tried any Maco except the Ortho, so this might be a reason to expand my horizons.

Shooter
    Large Format
    As far as developing 70mm C41, I believe that you can run it through many noritsu film processors. I'm not sure about running 100ft. of film through all those rollers though.. My boss said he would let me run 6ft or so through. No customers have brought us any 70mm film to process.. As long as the film cartridge fits inside the film holder bay with the lid closed it should work.

Any other ideas for processing 70mm black and white?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin