Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,785   Online: 836

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Kent, the 645 does have MLU, but no self-timer. there is a 645 1000s that has a top shutter speed of 1/1000s. I do wish there was a ST!

Luke
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Power
    Glenn,
    If I understand correctly, the 645 has shutter speeds up to 1/500, no MLU and no self-timer; is this correct? I know that the Super, Pro and E require a special cable adapter for a shutter release cable, but does the 645?

Thanks,
    Kent
    Kent, Luke is correct. The 645 does have mirror lockup and multi exposure capability and takes a standard threaded cable release. Top shutter speed is 1/500th. No self timer but this doesn't bother me at all. I really like the dual shutter release buttons as Nige mentions.

Funnily enough, the mirror slap on the newer 645E is noticeably louder than on the older 645. I guess there is less metal in the new one to dampen the sound.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a 645 Super with 3 lenses and LOVE it! I primarily make Polaroid 665 negs in the field. It is a lot of fun clearing the neg in the field and it's become my favorite film by far. I use a spot meter and make sure I don't blow the highlights and the negs are always spot on.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi,
    I've got the M645, and I'm not sure if its a problem unique to my camera, but it doesn't like to go out in the winter time. Get it below freezing for any length of time, and the shutter won't fire.

Also, if price is a concern for 6x6, consider the Mamiya C330. Last time I looked, they were going for less than the 645's, and the lenses are less, as well. TLR is not all that bad.

Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I am using the M645 pro for over ten years together with most lenses.
    At lower temperature it still works till -25 degrees C were my EOS stopped around -20 degrees C.

Both related to a battery problem.

Together with the power drive and the AE prisma a very good camera in medium format for multiple purposes and the SEKOR optics are also OK.

Certainly at the moment with falling medium format prices a much better choice compared to a Kiev.

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, let me see if I understood correctly,
    The original M645 does in fact have MLU and a regular threaded cable release capacity...The only thing it is missing when compared to the 1000s is the self timer and 1/1000 shutter speed...

Apart from that, how does everyone feel about 'losing' 1.5cm off of the top of the frame? Is it a big deal?

Cheers,
    Kent
    Max Power, he's the man who's name you'd love to touch! But you mustn't touch! His name sounds good in your ear, but when you say it, you mustn't fear! 'Cause his name can be said by anyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, let me see if I understood correctly,
    The original M645 does in fact have MLU and a regular threaded cable release capacity...The only thing it is missing when compared to the 1000s is the self timer and 1/1000 shutter speed...

Apart from that, how does everyone feel about 'losing' 1.5cm off of the top of the frame? Is it a big deal?

Cheers,
    Kent
    I think you have the differences down OK now.

I like rectangular format over square as my mind sees better that way. No waste of that 1.5cm for me. YMMV.

One thing to note with the early 645 like mine; It's a pain in the neck to try and shoot portrait mode using the ground glass. Luckily I also have a prism for it so then it's easy, but I have been caught out once or twice when I only had the waist level finder on the camera and saw a portrait mode opportunity.

Glenn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't have a WLF so haven't experienced that! Not having owned a square format, I don't miss the bit you crop off in printing anyway

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Having both 6X6 and 645, I can say both are an improvement over 35mm in terms of sheer size.

Luke
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another way to look at it is that you get three more exposures per roll. I usually end up printing in a rectangular format anyhow. So its just a question of at which step of the process do I lose the 1.5.

Bill

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin