Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,699   Online: 830

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After using various 6x6 TLRs over the years, I bought my used M645 a few months ago and I love it--got it dirt cheap. I'll be adding some lenses over the course of the year. I have the non-metered prism. I use a small digicam with manual mode to meter my exposures--digital does offer some benefits. Pick up the left hand grip for easier handheld shooting. It makes for a heavy set up, but it's very well-balanced. I shoot a ton of APX 100 with this camera and NPS for portrait work. As of yet, I don't miss the faster shutter speeds lacking on this camera. The MLU is a must have though. Don't forget that Mamiya offers a few leaf shutter lenses if you need them. Enjoy.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Is there a motor winder for the 1000s?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a motor handle that will work on all the M645 styled cameras without the removable backs, the new ones with the removable backs also either come with the grip or you can purchase a grip for them..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently bought a 645 Super a couple months ago and have loved it in the short time since. I would check out KEH. I pieced mine together from different components in order to get exactly what I wanted. IMO I would spend the few extra bucks for a model with interchangeable backs. The ability to shoot the same scene with different films by quickly changing midroll is something I never gave much thought to until I bought my Super and now I can't imagine buying a MF camera without that feature. With MF gear at its cheapest ever, I'd try to avoid something like a Kiev if at all possible. Quality control can be sketchy and I've heard both good reports on them and then the opposite so you never know whether you got a "good one." Mamiya cameras and lenses on the other hand are well known for being quality products.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin