Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,985   Online: 988

Shooter
    35mm

Filters for Rollei TLRs

I have several Bay I "Rollei" Brand filters for my Rolleicord Va.

Several questions . . .

1. Are the Rollei Brand filters quality and good for BW photography?

2. Are there better non-Rollei brand filters out there? Where can you get them?

3. What is the best way to clean Rollei filters w/ dust and hard to remove micro-debris?

4. I noticed on one of the filters (orange) -- there are tiny pinhole (no filter color, just clear transparency). Will this have any affect on the neg?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't answer for the quality of the Rollei filters, but I know that if you want to buy modern filters for your TLR, you can buy one of those Bay I - 49mm adapters. I just bought one from Camera Hunter on that auction site that had a power outage the other day, and it's pretty useful.

I think one of the issue with old filters is that they may not be coated against reflections. Modern ones like Hoya or B+W will have this protection. Regarding q.4 I would be tempted to say yes, because it means some spots will receive more intensity than others, but you can only find out by trying it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    B+W make new Rollei-size filters. Filters in this fit are also available from SRB Film Service in UK:
    www.srbfilm.co.uk
    (Cast resin - almost all types of #1 bayonet cost £21.75 + VAT).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, B+W make new filters for Rollei Bay1, 2, & 3. I just bought a couple filters (yellow & red) for my Rolleiflex in the Bay 1 size. B&H have some popular colors in stock, but if you want anything special they are special order.
    Scott Stadler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There is also another option of using a Bay 1 to 49mm adapter.

Bay 1 to 49mm adapter

It is available from Porters for $14.95. If you have 49mm filters, it beats the expense of buying all those bay 1 filters. I have used this adapter with good results.

Regards,
    John

Images
    Good Evening,

I'll also advocate the Bayonet 1 to 49mm adapter. It doesn't interfere much with the viewing lens, and it makes use of the 49mm filters you may already have.

Konical

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks all for the imput and ideas.

Does anyone know though if the Rollei Filters are coated? Are they comparable to B&W filters?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin