Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,411   Online: 1059

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    as the add say: "HOLGA: Son of Diana"..

I like women so I am Dianamaniac...

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm Holga courious.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dear H.A.,

I just invested hours spray painting the inside of my Holga to get rid of some major reflections. A friend was at a loss as to why I would invest this much effort on a $16 camera. Does this mean I have a problem?

Delerious in Denver

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've abstained from using the Holga for about a month now... but there's this girl, Diana, that's been around my neck for quite a long time. I keep shooting her, but she never dies. Someone help me.
    -Grant

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm a binge Holga user........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm on vacation and I brought the holga with me--please don't tell my girlfriend, who stayed at home.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am into some kind of multi-substance abuse of Holga, Click, Clack (very similar to crack?) and Lomo. Can't wait for the next shot and a fix.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have no Holga -- indeed, I have never even held a Holga. However, I have an Ansco Pioneer 620, which does a fine imitation of a 6x9 Holga; I also have a Polaroid 250 that will make instant prints with a little Holga quality to them (though the lens is almost too good, the camera is well nigh impossible to hold really still, and doen't have a tripod socket).

Oddly, the closest camera I own to a Holga in terms of original cost and build quality is an Ansco Speedex Jr. -- fixed focus double meniscus, f/11 to f/32, T and I (about 1/25) speeds -- which makes perfectly wonderful 6x6 negatives. It's the second such I've owned, the first felled by an overworked door latch that, one day, simply fell off. I should probably buy 2-3 more...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails frame08a.jpg  
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That Ansco Speedex Jr. is way too sharp! That double meniscus lens is doing you in.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Worse than that -- the first one I owned had no light leaks, and the current (second) one had only a couple pinholes in the bellows, which have become obscured by small patches of black leather. The film always stays nice and flat, too. About the only way I get soft corners is if I rotate the camera during the release -- and it's curiously easy to hold steady even with only the 1/25 speed.

I guess if I want to become Holgafied, I'll have to just buy a Holga. But not this week, I need to spend that money on film...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin