Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,041   Posts: 1,560,703   Online: 1069

Thread: Mamaiya 645 Pro

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mamaiya 645 Pro

I am considering purchasing a Mamiya 645 Pro. I already have a 645 1000s and a RB 67, but looking at the future and the possible purchase of a digital back, the 645 Pro looks tempting. As usual, asking the masters....what are your thoughts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am not sure that the pro will have that much available in the way of digital backs. It seems like the AFD is probbly going to be compatable with more backs, but I am not really sure about that. I guess it is all speculation at this point. If you don't want the features that the Pro offers right now, notably interchangable backs, than I would think that waiting until you are set on a digital back and getting the appropriate body at that time might make sense.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I agree with Paul,
    If your goal is to get a digital back you should research that and then make the decision on what type of body to get.
    Although the Mamiya 645 Pro is a wonderful camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks Rlibersky. Digital backs for my older mamiya systems are out of the question at the moment for my older systems. The new offereings from Mamiya would be the way to go. Besides, I have a digital camera now and very seldom use it. Do you own a 645 Pro?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My previous post should read...... Digital backs for my older mamiya systems are out of the question at the moment. Hit the enter key too quick.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin