Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,386   Online: 862
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    29
    Images
    1

    Hasselblad 503CW reviews?

    Hello guys! I am planning to update my 35mm system to medium format, actualy to have them both!
    I was wondering which are my choices!
    I know Hasselblad 503CW is everyones choise... I also love it!
    I need to read reviews, Just want to more about them and zeiss lenses!
    Thank you

  2. #2
    david b's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    None of your business
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    4,034
    Images
    30
    Well to start with, if you are looking to pruchase a new camera, the 503CW is the last "square" camera they are making. The 501CM has been cancelled but I am sure you can still find them in stock.

    The 503 has TTL Flash metering and will accept the CW winder.

    There is a ton of info if you go to google.

  3. #3
    eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,586
    Images
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by vladimer
    Hello guys! I am planning to update my 35mm system to medium format, actualy to have them both!
    I was wondering which are my choices!
    I know Hasselblad 503CW is everyones choise... I also love it!
    I need to read reviews, Just want to more about them and zeiss lenses!
    Thank you
    I don't know if medium format cameras have reviews like 35mm cameras do. Its just different marketing segment. Not like a company wants to sway you from Brand X to Brand Y in 35mm. If you are looking at medium format, you already know the obvious advantages.

    The 503cw can take the winder. Do you need one? People who often want to upgrade from 35mm to medium format always want that "35mm feel". They get the 90 degree prism and motor drive and find that it is not as fast as a 35mm. The 503CW also has the gliding mirror. I have the 503cxi and I don't believe it has the mirror but I used to have the 501CM. When I use it with tubes and 150mm, I get fall off on the top. If you know you will invest in TTL, not cheap BTW on Hasselblads, then you'll need the 503cw.

    Do you live in a big city that you can rent one of these for a weekend? You should try it out first. Big fat lenses are not easy to focus if you want to do it fast like 35mm.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    29
    Images
    1
    Actualy I dont want any automatic stuff! I just want to have great carl zeiss lens on 6x6 format to put on tripod, to metter light with my sekonic and the shoot!


    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    The 503cw can take the winder. Do you need one? People who often want to upgrade from 35mm to medium format always want that "35mm feel". They get the 90 degree prism and motor drive and find that it is not as fast as a 35mm. The 503CW also has the gliding mirror. I have the 503cxi and I don't believe it has the mirror but I used to have the 501CM. When I use it with tubes and 150mm, I get fall off on the top. If you know you will invest in TTL, not cheap BTW on Hasselblads, then you'll need the 503cw.

    Do you live in a big city that you can rent one of these for a weekend? You should try it out first. Big fat lenses are not easy to focus if you want to do it fast like 35mm.

  5. #5
    eric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern California
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    1,586
    Images
    55
    Quote Originally Posted by vladimer
    Actualy I dont want any automatic stuff! I just want to have great carl zeiss lens on 6x6 format to put on tripod, to metter light with my sekonic and the shoot!
    Ahhh, I would go with the 501CM and spend the money on lenses. (oh, get an Acute Matte Screen if it doesn't have one).

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    29
    Images
    1
    Thank you for advice eric!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    29
    Images
    1
    how about 500cm? because 501 is bit expensive

  8. #8
    arigram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Crete, Greece
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    5,474
    Images
    69
    The TTL feature of the 503CW is the real difference, but only if you use handheld flash systems.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit




  9. #9

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    29
    Images
    1
    if the TTL feature is only reason to spend extra 2000$ I can leave without it...
    if there is anything else please do tell!
    plus I can metter flash through my sekonic!

  10. #10
    gr82bart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Culver City, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    5,224
    Images
    37
    The 503CW allows you to attach the Winder CW - which I guess in the end is also more money! And, you can get them in 5 different colours plus chrome and black! LOL

    Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin