Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,603   Online: 1096

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    MF is so new to me - labout 2 years now - that it's still a 'new flavour of candy' for me. I haven't really touched my 35mm camera in comparison to my Hassey. Even though it's bigger and the lenses are heavier, I carry my Hassey everywhere.

I'm just thrilled with the square format. I think it challenges me and so far it hasn't bored me.

Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I see my 6x6 as my primary camera. It's easier to carry and work with than my 4x5 and is overkill for the print sizes I usually do (topping out at 11x14). I came to it from Nikons in 35mm, and I still have quite a few of those. 35mm cameras have superb handling and are very fast to use, so I use them when speed is of the essence. But it still seems too small to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    No, I expressed myself with insufficient clarity:

I meant to say is: are there any 35 mm cameras, other than the afore mentioned antique, for which the vertical orientation is the standard, rather than the somewhat awkward alternative.

Its all lost in my earlier ramblings... I am having a scattered brain-day...

The MF TLRs that take 35mm I think. Is the RB67 the camera with the rotating back? A rotating back is the ultimate. I think the RB67 might even have a 35mm back. OTOH the RB67 weighs more then some 4x5 cameras-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    With its smaller format, 35mm film, requires special attention to handling and processing. Better negatives will result from avoiding over-development with its associated increase in granularity. The best 35mm negative is the thinnest one that still exhibits good shadow detail. Camera shake also becomes more of a problem with the enlargement factors associated with this format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for humouring me, guys. I love MF - now I am limited to a Lubitel, so I am not using it as much as my 35's due to obvious flexibility issues (fixed lenses, etc.), but an RB67 is probably tops on my wish list - a friend has one and I fall more and more in love with it every time he lets meplay around with it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    No, I expressed myself with insufficient clarity:

I meant to say is: are there any 35 mm cameras, other than the afore mentioned antique, for which the vertical orientation is the standard, rather than the somewhat awkward alternative.

Its all lost in my earlier ramblings... I am having a scattered brain-day...

The powerbooster on my EOS-1 has a vertically-oriented shutter (on the bottom right of the booster), and I'd imagine that similar cameras have one, as well.

Then again, the EOS-1 is also a huge, heavy camera, and I'm probably going to sell it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think about the RB67 every so often. Even with the drop in prices I couldn't convince myself it made more sense then the other choices. If the camera is just going to sit on the tripod for landscape use a LF camera with a choice of lenses still seems cheaper. Can be lighter to. When I want something easier to handle then the LF then I've got the Pentax 645. I some times think of the Bronica 6x6 with leaf shutters but can't convince myself of that one either.

The RB67 sounds like a do it all system but all that weight? Maybe I'll convince myself some time in the future :o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    The RB67 sounds like a do it all system but all that weight? Maybe I'll convince myself some time in the future :o
    No doubt its heavy - we were forced to use it on my very-much-consumer grade tripod and it looked like Bambi...

But I do absolutely love it... I think there is very little logic in it, more of a feeling that I like, and I think the weight is a part of it...

And there is the undeniable capability of the system, and the 6x7 (and even 6x8 backs are out there). And excellent glass available.

You can hand hold it... just not for long

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by atenlaugh
    The powerbooster on my EOS-1 has a vertically-oriented shutter (on the bottom right of the booster), and I'd imagine that similar cameras have one, as well.

Then again, the EOS-1 is also a huge, heavy camera, and I'm probably going to sell it.
    Oh I see - basically an attachment that makes it easier to hand hold it vertically? I think the New F1 had something like that with the power drive...

I think a 35 mm TLR would be great fun, and tiny!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think a 35 mm TLR would be great fun, and tiny!!!
    Check out the Bolsey 35mm TLR:
    http://www.cosmonet.org/camera/bolsy_e.htm
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin