Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,875   Posts: 1,520,176   Online: 1028

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are a number of them on ebay, but the Bolsey is a horizontal format camera, so it's still not what you are looking for....
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore
    Check out the Bolsey 35mm TLR:
    http://www.cosmonet.org/camera/bolsy_e.htm
    Really neat! The only thing is the film moves side to side, giving the "landscape" aspect. Can you imagine how tiny a "classic" up-and-down TLR 35mm would be?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gnashings
    Oh I see - basically an attachment that makes it easier to hand hold it vertically? I think the New F1 had something like that with the power drive...

I think a 35 mm TLR would be great fun, and tiny!!!

Well, that's not really the POINT of the power drive, although some do appreciate it. For me, it always just added a bunch of weight and bulk, and didn't do a whole lot else.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by atenlaugh
    Well, that's not really the POINT of the power drive, although some do appreciate it. For me, it always just added a bunch of weight and bulk, and didn't do a whole lot else.
    Oh, I know its not the point - I was reaching there

I think a TLR is hard to beat as far as the size-bulk-handiness vs big negatives relationship is concerned, but I find that I reach for the 35mm SLR a lot because its just easier - faster, easier to focus, more flexible. But I would never be without at least one camera that can give me at least a 6x6 negative... again, scared to think what will happen when I get my hands on a LF rig...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have put my conversion thoughts on hold as I have spent too much time considering buying MF gear.

I concluded that I rather should spend time shooting with what I got, and I rarely make larger prints than 10x12 inches. and for that 35 mm is great for me. Of course I would get a bit more sharpness and smaller grain with a 6x6 negative, but really...the main thing that would make my pictures better is my skills as photog. I will get MF later when I have learned to take pictures. I am surely still a beginner...

So instead of spending several thousand $$ on MF, I will spend some on a better portrait lens and tons of film...

Morten

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin