Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,653   Online: 914

Shooter
    Medium Format

Confusion - Another Duh!

Have you ever gotten confused when using different cameras? I am one of those multi-functional (haha) guys, must have three of everything. Anyway, this week while out shooting on three different ocassions, I used all three of my medium format cameras (Mamiya RB67, M645 1000s and the Bronica ETRSI). Switching between the Mamiya 645 to the Bronny was okay,but when using the RB 67, I forgot to advance the film on about 6 shots (dumb) so now I probably have that multi exposure thing going on.

Since going med format, I take more time to compose my shots, now I must concentrate/spend more time on advancing the film!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    welcome to advanced photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks.....looking forward to many more days of confusion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Apperantly the Pro-SD back for the RB has a multiple exposure safe guard lock that has to be switched off to do multiples. I've done the "opps" a few times myself (I only have Pro and Pro-S backs). My Yashica TLR also makes one become a creature of habit. I've taught myself to wind the film back immediately after the exposure. Before I do anything else. Like cock the shutter, think (my worst downfall), put the lens cap back on, look at the bikini girls, move the tripod.
    Now I multi-exposure by accident rarely, maybe once every 4-5 rolls.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did the oops with my Hasselblad yesterday. Changed magazine before advancing film. Three blanks on two rolls. And I thought I'd got the hang of it by now ...

-- MW

ed: spelling

Shooter
    35mm
    Don't feel bad. I do something even dumber, dumb because the solution is very simple and yet I don't do it. I load up multiple cameras with different kinds of film, then forget to change ASA on handheld meters when moving from camera to camera. Right now I have three kinds of film loaded in four cameras. Not one of those cameras has the film box lid attached as a reminder. Duh.........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by stark raving
    then forget to change ASA on handheld meters... not one of those cameras has the film box lid attached as a reminder...
    Oh man, I hate when I do that!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Been there and I own seven T-shirts. Another DUH, It took me almost a week to figure out how to change the lens on my RB 67. After reading the manual and trying several times. I happened to hold the lever forward and the the lens was able to be removed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin