Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,425   Online: 918
      
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    captainwookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    47

    Kiev 66 Medium Format Slide Projector

    I found this at Harblei:

    http://www.hartblei.com/products/projector.htm

    They want $245 for the projector and $95 for shipping. However, I have some concerns. I am not sure about the reputation of Harblei.com, or of a 1991 Kiev Projector. Does anyone have any experience buying form Harblei.com, or know of the Kiev 66 projector?


    Thanks.

  2. #2
    medform-norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    863
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by captainwookie
    I found this at Harblei:

    http://www.hartblei.com/products/projector.htm

    They want $245 for the projector and $95 for shipping. However, I have some concerns. I am not sure about the reputation of Harblei.com, or of a 1991 Kiev Projector. Does anyone have any experience buying form Harblei.com, or know of the Kiev 66 projector?


    Thanks.
    I can answer neither question, but I do have one question for you: is this the projector you've set your heart on, or are you just looking for an affordable 6x6 slide projector? If so, I reckon you should have other choices for less money than this. I see 6x6 projectors regularly turn up on the Dutch marktplaats for less (you could even get lucky and find a Rollei P11 for that cash if you're willing to spend it). I even saw a 4x5" projector in Switzerland some weeks ago and it didn't sell for less than what Hartblei was asking.

    Cheers, norm

  3. #3
    Dave Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,049
    Quote Originally Posted by captainwookie
    I found this at Harblei:

    http://www.hartblei.com/products/projector.htm

    They want $245 for the projector and $95 for shipping. However, I have some concerns. I am not sure about the reputation of Harblei.com, or of a 1991 Kiev Projector. Does anyone have any experience buying form Harblei.com, or know of the Kiev 66 projector?


    Thanks.
    I can attest to the reputaiton of Hartblei, over the years I have bought two of their Kiev cameras, and was very happy with the experiance, they have always treated me right, and have been there when and if there was a problem, as long as they have the product at the price your willing to pay, I am sure you will be happy with them as a company, I have always been.

    Dave

  4. #4
    captainwookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    47
    Mainly I was looking for good 6x6 projector in the same price range. Most everything else I find in the same style as the Kiev 66 is over $1,000. I like Kiev cameras, so a projector would be kind of interesting, but my heart is not set on it.

  5. #5
    medform-norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    863
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by captainwookie
    Mainly I was looking for good 6x6 projector in the same price range. Most everything else I find in the same style as the Kiev 66 is over $1,000. I like Kiev cameras, so a projector would be kind of interesting, but my heart is not set on it.
    Just a quick overview what's on the market here right now:

    Yashica Mat + Liesegang A-60 for 160 EUR last bid
    Another Liesegang A-60 for 100 EUR
    Kindermann 6x6 for anything over 20 EUR (that was the last bid)
    Old Noris 6x6 with rare 150 mm Planck lens: open for a reasonable bid or call this..... number.

    Bidding on these things doesn't go very hard. Shipping to you should be a less than $95 unless you live in some godforsaken corner of the earth...

    Well, take your pick, I'd say. Or wait until another Rollei P11 shows up - they're very good quality. Had one but sold it again years ago for the money.

  6. #6
    captainwookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    Bidding on these things doesn't go very hard. Shipping to you should be a less than $95 unless you live in some godforsaken corner of the earth...

    Well, take your pick, I'd say. Or wait until another Rollei P11 shows up - they're very good quality. Had one but sold it again years ago for the money.
    Is there a website address to bid at?

    I live in the USA, though George W. Bush is doing his best to make it some godforsaken corner of the earth.

  7. #7
    medform-norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    863
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by captainwookie
    Is there a website address to bid at?

    I live in the USA, though George W. Bush is doing his best to make it some godforsaken corner of the earth.
    Yes, ye brother of the godforsaken, there is a website, it's in Dutch, I don't know if it babelfishes. It's called http://www.marktplaats.nl -> go to the section 'foto/toestellen/dia' and then onwards to the section 'diaprojectoren'. FeeBay bought this website last year, so there are some improvements made over the original design, but it's still incredibly primitive compared to its new mommy. Some people post images, some don't. Type in the zoek = search field of the diaprojectorensection 6x6 or Liesegang, Noris or Kindermann and up they come.

    Bidding is non-committal, unlike eBay, and people advertising there are under no obligation to sell you what they're advertising, nor are you under any obligation to buy what you're bidding on. It's a kind of 'mad max' version of eBay - sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you get hit.

    If you're unsuccesful, send me a pm. I'll help you from there on.

    Cheers, Norm

  8. #8
    medform-norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    863
    Images
    1

    Forgot to mention...

    Quote Originally Posted by captainwookie
    Is there a website address to bid at?

    I live in the USA, though George W. Bush is doing his best to make it some godforsaken corner of the earth.
    on marktplaats.nl you cannot only place a bid, you can put in a WTB add as well & for free. Perhaps you get lucky that way. I've seen other people post in other languages (German and English mainly) and these ads have not been removed. People do respond to WTB ads, at least, in my experience.

  9. #9
    captainwookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Ohio
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    47
    Thanks, Iím slowly looking threw the list. Dutch and English appear to be just close enough to be annoying.

    Though this Kodak thing has taken a lot of the thunder out of my desire to get a medium format projector. Now Iím scared about how much life slide film has left in it.

  10. #10
    medform-norm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Netherlands
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    863
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by captainwookie
    Thanks, Iím slowly looking threw the list. Dutch and English appear to be just close enough to be annoying.

    Though this Kodak thing has taken a lot of the thunder out of my desire to get a medium format projector. Now Iím scared about how much life slide film has left in it.
    I see you're in Ohio - surely every other neighbour of yours should be of Dutch decent and speak some Dutch? Ohio: known here as the Holland potatoe farmer state, where the land is as flat as it is here, so the farmers don't get homesick.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin