Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,515   Online: 1221

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format

UPDATE:

This just in..... The repairman says that it needs all new seals and the bearings are needing lube if not replacing... More serious, the 6 electro magnets are in need of servicing? He suggested I let him send it to Pentax and have them service. He said if it was his, he'd CLA it and it would probably take care of it for awhile, but he didn't want to do that with a customer's camera... He couldn't guarantee his work if he did.......

He said, "quite honestly, you have great equipment, all of which will need servicing and I don't want to lose your business because 4 months down the road, it has problems again"........

So, I gave him the okay... He said it could end up being $200 - $225 for Pentax to service but that would entail them being able to hook it up to their computers to diagnose, something he can't do.. It will also have a good guarantee.......

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another update... $260 for repairs @Pentax....... Replacing a laundry list of parts.. Adjusting everything you could think of. Will be totally refurbished to factory specs, w/ a 6 month warranty.......

This means I will have paid $660 for this camera W/75mm lens and 120 film insert.... Maybe a little higher than the going price but at least it will be in perfect working order and under warrenty.......

I'm assuming I could get a CLA every hundred rolls of film and keep it in great condition for decades.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Money well spent.

Just use it. When it needs further service, it will tell you.

Great camera. Exceptional lens, that 75mm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin