Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,335   Online: 982

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As a child I used an old Ensign 6x6 TLR of my mother's (I think she still has it). I can't remember a model name/number. It had a fixed aperture and shutter speed (except for a "T" setting) and focus by guess. The first medium format I actually owned came much later and was a Mamiya RB67, and I have since bought a Pentax 67II, which I use for most of my outdoor MF work.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first MF camera is a Mamiya C330F " Poor man's Hasselblad" I bought it second hand, together with the 55, 80, and 135mm lense pairs, this was about twenty years ago, and although it was much more than I could afford, I had just been made redundant and needed to make some money,twenty years ago nobody did weddings or portraits in 35mm. The equipment paid for itself within a short time, which tided me over until I got another job. I still have the gear, and although I could now afford to buy a more expensive MF outfit now, I consider it's still better equipment than I'm photographer.
    Ben.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hasselblad 500ELM. Bought it second hand from a guy who gave up photography to start a digital video processing business (I think he's out of business now)...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Lubitel 166U (don't laugh!)... Sold for two beers in a local bar, replaced by a Zeiss Ikon folder. What a step up!
    Reminds me of the Seagull 4B-1 I gave away in exchange for a cheese-cake. Thought it was good deal and still do!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

My first MF camera was a...

Kodak Brownie Hawkeye...followed closely by a Mamiya 23 Standard press camera. Have also owned and dumped a Mamiya Rb-67 and a C330s. All of them are gone now. The only MF camera I have today is a broken Ciro-Flex that sits on my bookshelf as a reminder of why I should really avoid looking at equipment on e-bay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS
    The only MF camera I have today is a broken Ciro-Flex that sits on my bookshelf as a reminder of why I should really avoid looking at equipment on e-bay.
    And, pray tell us, does it help?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The first one I tried was my uncle's Rolleicord in the mid 80s.

the one I loved was a pentax 645 that a photographer I worked for had. That and a Rolleiflex SL66!

My first personal MF camera was a Flexaret IV
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by medform-norm
    And, pray tell us, does it help?

it did for a while....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    First was a Brownie 6-20 in the early fifties. Next came a Yashica C while in high school and college (I still kick myself for giving it up!). Then an RB67 in the early seventies which I eventually (late nineties) gave up for a Hasselblad (which was smaller and lighter).
    Last edited by harveyje; 06-30-2005 at 12:48 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: slelling
    John Harvey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    harveyje@usa.net

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A box Brownie. When I got my first job, the boss provided me with a Hasselblad 500 and an SWC. Later I bought a Ross Ensign 820 6x9 folder for myself, then things got a little out of hand over the years.

Best,
    Helen

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin