Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,269   Posts: 1,534,414   Online: 955

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    My first and still have medium format is my trusty RB-67 pro with a 90mm lens and 120 back. I've taken that camera everywhere even though it's a studio camera. It's a tank but it sure does the job for me.
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit"
    Aristotle

B-3
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was given a Holga as a Christmas present by a Hassy-owning aunt. I acted pleased, but honestly, my first thought was "What the he11 is this palstic p.o.s.?" I did try it - it wasn't so bad, especially after I taped up the sides to stop those ugly light leaks. The biggest problem, imho, was the shutter release - it takes a mighty squeeze to trip that thing, surprising in such a lightweight camera. Some of my early shots actually have a circular blur from heaving on that crazy button.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I fooled around with my Dad’s Kodak Tourister 616 until he gave me my very own Ansco 620 (Kodak Brownie clone). I used it from 3rd grade ‘till 11th grade and did all my own “processing”. At that time I went to work with the local pro. When exposed to 35mm. I thought I’d died and gone to heaven. All throughout college I used my Kodak Bantam and Signet (still have them) and on graduation and marriage, kept up the 35mm fantasy until one day when I finally admitted that my photography was just not up to the standard of my youth. The Mate suggested a “class in basic photography” taught by a local artist-photographer. “Who, me? Take a course for what I already have complete knowledge?” I did and it paid off big time. It was based on 35mm, but it gave me a jump start mentally to realize that MF was the only way back. I arranged to purchase a Koni Omega from a friend’s friend. Looking over the merchandise, I noticed a C330f and lots of lenses. I bought the whole lot for $600.00US. Only when I got home and began to search through the three cases did I realize what he had given me: Two cameras, two KO backs and lenses, four C-series lenses, one was the 55mm, a light meter, a lab timer, manuals, strobe-flash accessories, filters, shades…. The list continues. Of the two MF cameras, I use the KO most often but the Mamiya, with all those lenses, certainly gets a good workout too. I love the 6x7 format.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Kodak Brownie that I received as a Christmas gift was my first medium format.

The Mamiya C3 twin lens reflex was my first professional quality medium format.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mamiya 645 1000s about 2 years. I got it because I wanted bigger negatives than what 35mm has. All of my b/w is shot with that camera.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mamiya 645 1000S. My mother purchased the camera in the late 70's and abandoned it for video about 5 years later. That is when I moved from 35mm to MF.
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yashica 635 in 67 that I used mostly with the 35mm adapter for about 3 months and sold it to buy a Petri rangefinder. In 80 when I started developing and printing , a friend gave me a Yashica A. Loved the bigger neg but was cumbersome though light, just didn't like the feel of wiat level finders, , so I bought a Mamiya m645, followed by another for back-up and then a 1000s. Still use all of them today though the A is starting to suffer from sticky shutter at low speeds.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My first was a Yashica Mat 124 (not the G version)
    It was actually my dads but he let me use it.
    The picture below is me using it at Yosemite around 1975, we used to go up every year when I was a kid. I still try to get there as much as I can.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails earlyinflounce-small.jpg  
    Scott Stadler

Shooter
    Multi Format
    1st - 1956 Baltimore- Official Cub Scout (box) camera, with flash attachment - took 620 film (Verichrome Pan, no doubt). Gave it to our maid when we left Japan (see next entry)
    2nd - 1959 Japan- Pop gave me an early Yashica 2.25, don't remember the model, we were in Japan - $10 in the PX (remember, 1959 Japan, gas was 10 cents/gal.) Sold it to a guy in the Army in '65 for $10 (always wondered about the wisdom of that, but, the beer and all....)
    3rd - 1966 Vietnam- PX again, Mamiya C3, w/ a 75 and 180, cheap, of course. Traded it when I was in college, '73, to fortify my Leica system-low on cash, natch.
    4th - 2003 Richmond - (yes, 30 years without one!) Rollei 3.5T, late 50's model, gray leather, made expressly for military sale in the PX (has a decal inside proclaiming such). I love it, as I get older (no comments, please), it's a great option to the 4X5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My first camera was a Lubitel 166, then a Mamiya C330F and 4 lenses. I sold them a few years after for a Rollei 6008 with a 80 mm and I still have it. Now I got more than 25 cameras from half-format Olympus Pen F to 8x10" field camera. I still have my Lubitel, but without the taking lens that was broken, now it's a nice little pinhole camera.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin