Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,337   Posts: 1,537,582   Online: 1095

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I know what you feel as I just went through the same issues in trying to get close head and shoulder shots. FWIW, even the 150 Sonnar does not focus close enough for tight shots. I had come to rack it all the way to closest focus, and then rock on my heels back and forth to focus.

I have yet to try it as it just arrived today, but I received the 16mm ring, and it looks just the thing for the 150. On the 80 however, you will be really "in your model's face" as furthest focus places the lens about 50cm away!

To hijack the thread, does anyone have a suggested exposure compensation for the 16mm ring?
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    I know what you feel as I just went through the same issues in trying to get close head and shoulder shots. FWIW, even the 150 Sonnar does not focus close enough for tight shots. I had come to rack it all the way to closest focus, and then rock on my heels back and forth to focus.

I have yet to try it as it just arrived today, but I received the 16mm ring, and it looks just the thing for the 150. On the 80 however, you will be really "in your model's face" as furthest focus places the lens about 50cm away!

To hijack the thread, does anyone have a suggested exposure compensation for the 16mm ring?
    I use the 18mm tube with my Bronica 150 on a regular basis. Exp compensation with the tube and everything racked out is about a half stop.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Exposure compensation is not tube length dependent, it is the TOTAL distance form focal plane to nodal point and dependent on focal length of the lens. In more clear terms, use a TTL meter, the problem goes away.

I can look up the compensation and the image area size for given Proxars or extension rings if someone will post what they want.
    Frank Filippone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank F
    Exposure compensation is not tube length dependent, it is the TOTAL distance form focal plane to nodal point and dependent on focal length of the lens. In more clear terms, use a TTL meter, the problem goes away.

I can look up the compensation and the image area size for given Proxars or extension rings if someone will post what they want.
    Yes. But the change in that distance with the addition of a tube is a given. In my case, I have added 16mm. Actually, that just answered my own question... just as with the bellows extension. So, with the 150mm at infinity - exposure factor is (150+16)^2/150^2 or 1.224 or about half a stop. Correct?

So it follows that on a shorter lens, the exposure factor increases. Thx Frank for getting the neurons firing again, rather than asking more silly questions in forums! :rolleyes:
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin