Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,809   Online: 985

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I can set EV numbers on my Voigtlander Vitessa-L, and I like it. I usually just set the EV from my Gossen Digisix and pick the aperture for the DOF that I want (without letting the shutter speed get out of hand).
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Um, Cold War relict? Maybe they actually DID anticipate a light source that bright...

Could EV21 and the other off-the-charts settings just be full capability to bracket or place an exposure in both directions for something perhaps like f/22-32 and 1/500 (EV 18-19 + 2 - 3 more+ ?
    Murray

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Murray@uptowngallery
    Um, Cold War relict? Maybe they actually DID anticipate a light source that bright...
    Could EV21 and the other off-the-charts settings just be full capability to bracket or place an exposure in both directions for something perhaps like f/22-32 and 1/500 (EV 18-19 + 2 - 3 more+ ?
    Not necessarily "light that bright"; could be in anticipation of fast film speeds: Using the "Sunny 16" rule, EV 21 would be 1/4000th second @ f/16 - just where one would be with ISO 4000 film in bright daylight.
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Dial

Quote Originally Posted by BWGirl
    Hm... maybe it was to give us something to think about! haha

hortense... if you want, I can email you a jpeg of that dial. It's a dandy gizmo! I have the 500 c/m, too. I love it dearly!
    Thank you, this would be appreciated.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    And now a related question for our more knowledgeable members here. Anyone know why the EV numbers on the lens go up to 21 when the highest you can actually set is EV 18 (1/500th @ f/22)?
    I think that the answer is that these lenses also work on FC Hasselblads like my 2000FC which has a shutter speed of 1/2000.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin