Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,048   Online: 1056

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Thanks D & W. I realized that one of the problems I had, despite using a rangefinder to set the scale, was my insistence on using up some decades-old 620 film. Lab howled about how curly it was, and despite opening the bellows before winding, the focus was totally uneven...I then realized the film was probably stuck in a fetal position. One roll cracked while winding and another made some pretty ugly noises at one point in the roll and got so hard to wind I thought it had slipped out of the take-up spool.

I'll have to try hyperfocal focussing too & see what it does for me...anything to take some of my own errors out of the situation can't hurt.
    Murray

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Get a roll of something modern -- Plus-X, TMY, or if you're on a budget even J&C Pro 100 or Lucky SHD 400 -- and try that. These films won't be as curly, have much more reliable film speed than anything old enough to be original on a 620 spool, and they respool nicely (in fact, Pro 100 respools better, in my experience, than TMY). Best of all, Pro 100 and Lucky SHD are really, really cheap.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin