Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,388   Online: 836

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a pelican 1550 case, but also have stumbled on an inexpensive solution as well, our local Lowes home improvement store carries hard cases for tools, but they work very good for camera gear as well, $24.99 total cost and comes with convoluted foam on the top and pick and pluck foam on the bottom, very simular to cases we see sell for a hundred bucks or more, same features, same foam, just a heck of alot less expensive.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a similar setup as yours and I've been researching all the Pelicans. Most likely, its the 1550 model I need. I don't fly but I go on a lot of road trips. My equipment is usually on the bottom and the kids throw things on it. My recent trip to Vegas, I had a Crumpler bag and my old Zero 103 model. I had my good-old Sekonic 398 that I've had for YEARS in my Crumpler and somehow, the front plastic got cracked. Time for a hard case but the Zero is too small.

Like others, I'll probably stuff the Pelican with my gear on road trips, then take out what I need and stick it inside my Crumpler.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Used camera cases are selling for very little. A while back KEH had a whole bunch for less then $20 I think. Unforunately shipping to Canada would have been over $100. Oh well. I picked up a case locally for $12. It's obviously used on the outside but that's not much of an issue for me. The only real downside is it's about 1" too big for air travel. The local airline allows a certain size camera case or briefcase plus a carry on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin