Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,772   Posts: 1,484,346   Online: 1220

Thread: 70mm Conundrum

Shooter
    Multi Format

70mm Conundrum

Hi Folks,
    I don't expect EVERYBODY would be able to help me out with this one... but I just bought a 500c/m (haven't had one for about 15 years!) - and was considering the possibility of using 70mm with it. The backs seem cheap enough. In considering the availability of film - I saw a thread over at photo.net saying you could get tri-x (not my pref.) on special order from Kojak for a $4K min order (eeps!). At any rate, it's POSSIBLY workable if I can find some people to go in on it. Though i'd really prefer FP4.

But my question is THIS: Does anyone know where I can find 70mm film in Ilford emulsions - WITHOUT a min. order?

ALSO: Does ANYBODY know where I might be able to find a 6x12 back (for 4x5 of course) that might spool 70mm cassettes?? HUGELY unlikely it seems - but you never know - right?

Thanks much.
    Jonathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    IIRC the Hassleblad backs take perforated film. That's a problem. Last I checked didn't B&H have one Kodak 70mm still on it's website?

If you could handle unperforated then the best choice is to go to J&C and get EFKE.

I've considered increasing the opening size of a 70mm back but I don't know if any could handle 6x12.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry Nick - SHOULD have been more clear. I meant any backs for 4x5 (i.e. Horseman, Shen Hao, etc..) that would take 70mm.

Yes, the single film on B&H is unperf'ed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The aerial section lists a few more films.

I figured the 6x12 back would be for 4x5 -) Plenty of plain 70mm backs for graflok back cameras. But they mostly seem to be 6x7. I have something stuck in my memory about Linhof making a 6x9. If you really want 6x12 from 70mm then the likely option is to find a back you can modify.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    didnt keith offer a 6x12/70mm or a large version for 30m?
    i only know of the actual motorized 617.
    i will post a new thread regarding 70mm backs with international graflock.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin