Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,297   Online: 829

Thread: So sad

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

So sad

" I am selling off husband's camera collection as he has become disabled and needs the money instead of the cameras. "

Now I wouldn't wish that to anybody. Though I hope this guy does not see how his wife has photographed his beloved ones.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yeah.... I cringe when I think about my wife selling off my cameras....
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    and to take pictures of them with a digital camera phone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JHannon
    and to take pictures of them with a digital camera phone.
    not only that, she seems visually impaired herself - digital phones aren't out of focus by definition.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    It looks like a RITTRECK. I have one that looks like this but maybe it is a little newer..
    interesting camera though.
    multible choise of formats with the right cassette.
    4.5x6 - 6x6 - 6x7 and 6x9 -

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    But the really sad thing here is that her husband is at a point in his life where he can no longer use something that he obviously enjoyed.

I feel sorry for her that she must do this, and the toll it is taking on them. It's a shame she wasn't a better photographer, but if she was... maybe she'd keep this camera. Shame on you guys for poking fun at her!
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi
    It looks like a RITTRECK. I have one that looks like this but maybe it is a little newer..
    interesting camera though.
    multible choise of formats with the right cassette.
    4.5x6 - 6x6 - 6x7 and 6x9 -
    Correct, the Optika II a was an export model, similar to your Rittreck. There were three models: Rittreck (model I), Rittreck IIa (Optika IIa) and Rittreck SP (Optika Pro). The newer ones have longer shutter speeds. Great cameras when functional, reasonably easy to repair. The lenses can be real sweet, if in good condition. Too bad it hasn't got any tilts/shifts. The roll film backs do a very good job of keeping the film perfectly flat. Best stories about'em are that these were taken on (Japanese?) polar expeditions, as they still function even in extremely cold weather. It's quite nice to be able to do hand held 6x9 shooting with the waist level finder. Extra lenses are very hard to find, though. We're still looking for the elusive 92 or 95mm Luminant/Luminon, or the 180mm or the 300mm tele luminant. OTOH, having a curtain shutter, you could mount any lens on it, provided you make a lens board to mount it. Might there be another 95mm lens, possible a Fujinon?

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Images
    I'll check what lens is on mine... can't remember..

anyone want it?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi
    I'll check what lens is on mine... can't remember..

anyone want it?
    hmm, depends what it is. Probably you've got the standard 105mm. Got plenty of those. And we've got the 210 mm as well. If it's anything else, send us a pm, but do it quickly. We're going to be offline for 3 weeks starting Sunday.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin