Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,531   Posts: 1,572,623   Online: 972

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks for so many quick replies. Currently I'm using my wee motor-driven Contax rangefinder for this, in 35mm -- handheld. So my goal is to keep the image at my eye, rather than keeping it in my head while I lower the camera to flip switches or wind and so forth. These are all fine suggestions! My goal is to extend the tonal range of my pix, though they're already printing very nicely as 20x30's

(And yes, I have completely staved-off my many well-meaning friends who have suggested building shots like this in Photoshop from digital snaps. This is one of those cases where I firmly believe in a direct, unadorned print from the negative — the intent and motion is there at the moment, not later on in an armchair at my desk)

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Agfa Isolette I will do this, but you have to cock the shutter. Fortunately, you can see the cocking lever in the bottom of the viewfinder, so you don't have to take your eye away.

I think Marcel Duchamp worked quickly and asked his model to keep moving... but slowly.

Lee

Images
    My Kiev will do it. There is a switch on the film back that allows it. Pretty cool.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mamiya TLR. You flip a switch from "single" to "multi" (at least on C220) and shoot as long as you want.

Shooter
    Medium Format

or M645

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    My Mamiya 645 super does this. It has a simple double exposure switch which remains on until you turn it back off. With the winder you will not need to remove it from your eye, if you are winding it by hand, that might be a different story, but theoretically, you could do it.
    Same with M645 & 1000s. I think it is missing on the cheaper (J?) version.
    JeffW.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just reading..but post to say I dig your sample pic!

Images
    The Hasselblad H1 let's you double expose any number of times. But you have to decide in advance how many you want. Apart from that it's a wonderful camera.
    N O Mennescio
    Spatial Nihilist

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    a Holga would do it too...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In MF Mamiya 645's, in 35mm my Ricoh XR=P has the same function

Shooter
    Large Format
    If I understand your question, it would take a camera with a motor drive or a self cocking shutter. Any of the medium formats that have mutltipe exposure capability should work so long as they have a motor drive. If you want to screw with manual winding, then the speed grip on the Bronica would allow a more primitive way of doing this. I know that Bronica fits the bill (since they do have a drive available) but others probably do too.

Cool photo by the way, I really like it a lot.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin