Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,666   Online: 1144

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Does such a camera exist in MF....?

I'd like to find a camera that will let me make two or more exposures on the same negative without removing my eye from the finder. That is, not something that requires me to throw a tiny switch for each and every exposure, something that I can say "expose this frame" and go click, click, click. Mamiya 7? Leaf-shutter 'blad? Kiev?

Anyone? Thanks!

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Bronica. I once forgot to switch the double-exposure-prevention back on, and shot 20 exposures on the same frame before I realised I should have run out of film a while back... That was an ETRS, I think the others will be the same.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Mamiya 645 super does this. It has a simple double exposure switch which remains on until you turn it back off. With the winder you will not need to remove it from your eye, if you are winding it by hand, that might be a different story, but theoretically, you could do it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not the Mamiya 7, but perhaps the Mamiya 7 II?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Bronica SQ-A a multiple-exposure lever that keeps its setting exposure after exposure.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Mamiya Press (Super 23, Universal), or any camera that doesn't have the shutter coupled to the film wind.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What you are looking for is a self cocking shutter. I have such a shutter on a LF copy camera. You can keep hitting the button as many times as you like and it will fire each time.

Off hand I don't know any MF cameras that do that without manually winding/cocking the shutter between shots.... ummmm I'll have to check this out.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    What Helen said--Any press camera like a 23 Graphic or Linhof Tech 23 or any 4x5" camera with a rollfilm back. If it has a self-cocking shutter, all the better.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Lubitel will expose as many as you like, over and over until you are blue in the face... especially when then you notice you forgot to wind the film
    But as far as doing it on purpose - it can obviously be done also. I understand its not a very "serious" camera with many flaws, but it will accomodate your need for very little money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Bronica C (and I happen to be selling one *cough, cough*) does this, too. You just set it to double exposure and you can keep making shots on the same frame--you just have to recock the shutter. The Rolleicord (IIIa, don't knkow about the others) does this, too--just keep cocking and firing the shutter and don't advance the film.

How about a Holga, it will do it, too
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin