Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,801   Online: 825

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Roll film camera with movements

Do any of the smaller, lighter weight 120 size cameras have lens movements, in particular front rise? I am not referring to a field or rail camera, but more like Hassy flex body, or or any camera that could be hand held, that could correct converging verticals. Does such a camera exist?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    May/June issue of View Camera has an article on how to convert a Graflex to a full featured view camera. Maybe this can give you some ideas on how to convert other folders?
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Images
    There are some medium format cameras that have shift lenses available. The Pentax 67 comes to mind, and probably the Mamiyas. The only camera with movements, other than the 2x3 press style cameras, is the Fuji 6x8 but it's not a real hand-holdable camera.

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    It seems the Bronica S2 A (I had a nice one and lost it in Mexico) had a bellows that could be adapted to the front and had some movements

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The older Rollei SL66 has bellows with front rise built into them, if I remember right, you could get about a 30degree rise on it.

The older Bronica C, S2 and S2A also has a full featured bellows available that will allow rise, fall and shift as well as swing.

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    The Rollei SL66 does NOT have a lens rise. It offers 8º of lens tilt.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    The Rollei SL66 does NOT have a lens rise. It offers 8º of lens tilt.
    Well Excuse me!!!!! the data I remembered was INCORRECT!!!!

I was actually in the process of posting an correction to my last post, to note, I had posted incorrect information on the SL66

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Parker; 08-10-2005 at 12:15 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added information

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The RZ has a tilt shift adapter. I think the RB had one too. Other than that the Rollei sl66 has a wee bit of tilt.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

Other than that camera, I would probably just go for a baby Crown graphic.

These people make really neat rail cameras, but you mentioned you were not interested in those.

http://www.shelro.com/products%20infor/1_1.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, there is a very rare lens for the SL 66 that has tilt - so the combination of tilts permit rise. There are also third-party true shift lenses for the SL 66. The focussing movement and shutter being part of the camera body, and the ready availability of blank lens mounts, means that all kinds of lenses can be mounted on an SL 66, E or SE.

There's also the currently manufactured Gilde (Dear Santa, I've been a good girl all year...), the out-of-production Plaubel Proshift, the 120 Seitz Roundshot that takes a shift lens (just thought I'd mention that, though it doesn't fit the bill) and isn't there a Cambo Wide as well as the Linhofs?

However, I use a Mamiya Press with a 6x9 back, which gives the equivalent of about 14 mm of rise on 6x6. Not much, but it helps. It can be handheld.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Not exactly a handholdable camera but the Fuji gx680 does tilt/shift stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin