Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,198   Posts: 1,531,448   Online: 776

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: KEH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    Why bump this?
    FYI: It is required at APUG that a new "should I buy from KEH" post is posted every week.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    FYI: It is required at APUG that a new "should I buy from KEH" post is posted every week.
    Well then let's bring it to the "next level" - I bought from KEH this week (but not last week :-) )
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar F2
    Multi format P&S 4x5, 6x12, 6x9 # Chamonix Saber
    6x6 # Minolta Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak Medalist

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can only sum it up this way, I have NEVER been disappointed with a KEH purchase. Well, let me rephrase that, the only remorse I have ever had was the feeling that I the condition of the item was too good and that I could have gotten away with a lower rated one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicy View Post
    Why bump this?
    Why not? It's a question that gets asked continuously, and current opinions are more valid than old ones.

If you don't like it, why did you post in the thread?

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One point regarding KEH's business practices in general:

If you order an item advertised as available at a particular condition (e.g. BGN) and they run out of it,
    they'll send you one in better condition (perhaps EXC) at the price they quoted for the lesser item.

Consequently, what you received as a BGN product may not match the next BGN product.

Believe their grading. it's accurate. If you receive something better just thank them for being a reputable business.

I've bought an awful lot of stuff from them and never been disappointed.

- Leigh
    “Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.” - Plato

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't bought much from KEH but when I did it has been all good.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh B View Post
    One point regarding KEH's business practices in general:

If you order an item advertised as available at a particular condition (e.g. BGN) and they run out of it,
    they'll send you one in better condition (perhaps EXC) at the price they quoted for the lesser item.

Consequently, what you received as a BGN product may not match the next BGN product.

Believe their grading. it's accurate. If you receive something better just thank them for being a reputable business.

I've bought an awful lot of stuff from them and never been disappointed.

- Leigh
    I have experienced this bump in condition a number of times.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    I've been a big advocate of BGN grade from KEH, and I've had great luck...my EOS-3 and PB-E2 (currently for sale in the Classifieds) plus plenty of Bronica stuff and a couple EF lenses.

Ran into my first problem this weekend. An nFD 135 f/2 that I ordered is not indicating auto mode correctly to my T90. Of course I discovered this after they were closed for the weekend, so I'll need to call them on Monday. I don't expect any problems sending it back. But they don't have any others in stock .

I'll post an update on Monday.

--Greg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin