Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,504   Posts: 1,543,460   Online: 943

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrorslap
    Yes, thanks Donald. I don't want to "down" Mr. Kroeckel, actually; in fact , he is responsible for my newfound appreciation for folding cameras of the '50s. I think he knows his business, and does a great job of restoring cameras.
    I guess I was just disappointed to find the camera in such a state - the smoke film is bad enough to make the rangefinder hard to use; after seeing all the great pictures of Jurgen's restorations, I was dismayed that the camera I have was "not 100%." (I mean within the limits of possibility.)
    The camera takes great pictures, and I love to use it. I would still recommend his work to anyone wanting to get into folders; I just wouldn't "unconditionally" recommend him, if you know what I mean.
    If you have a folder that needs work, DO send it to Jurgen, I do not think that you will be sorry; just be appraised of the possibilities.
    The situation is similar to buying something on ebay - if a seller has 100 feedbacks, and 95 of them are positive, and 5 are negative (and dispersed over time), should you buy something from that seller? Yes- it will probably be OK, BUT you may get something else. You pays your money...
    Did you write or email Jurgen and make him aware of the condition of the camera's viewfnder? If not, it's worth a shot.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My finest folder (Zeiss Ikon with Tessar T* lens) was totally gummed with "tar" when I got it. It seems it had been on display only in the home of a pipe smoker. Looking through the lens it was brown! The shutter was sluggish, the leather sticky and so on.

I took it with me to work in the North Sea and cleaned everything with alcohol, ether, trichloroethane and acetone. Now it's like new - totally pristine. Very cheap at about $35.-!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Folders are just great. Small, light, easy to carry and decent sized negatives.

Somehow I've ended up with another one - a Zeiss Ikon 524/2 6x9 with UCRF. It's in gorgeous condition, and judging by the roll hanging to dry, works well too.

It will sit alongside the Franka Rolfix II, Moskva V, Agifold, Iskra I, & Iskra II :-)

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I have gone and done it. I bought a 6X9 Nettar on eBay for about $20 including shipping. Not even sure if it works. It has the relatively cheap f/7.7 lens and appears to be an early one. Zone focusing, of course.

I will let everyone know how this turns out. I am afraid that this might be the beginning of another addiction.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    I am afraid that this might be the beginning of another addiction.
    If you're lucky...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The camera showed up yesterday. The camera is actually a Bob 510/2. That dates it to about 1934 or thereabouts. The lens says Nettar on it, but the camera leather is stamped Bob. I have checked on the web and apparently this is what the earliest models were called. I shot a roll today, but have yet to develop it, so we will see what the photos look like. The condition was amazing, it looks like it hasn't been touched in years. The take up spool inside was a very old metal one. I will let everyone know how it works out for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is my first print from the new folder.

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...oto=8837&cat=2

I am loving it so far, but I noticed that a few of the images had what looks like a mess of hair on them. It appears on the first and second frames and then on another one later in the roll. I think I need to hose it down with air and see if that takes care of it.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's junk inside the bellows, most likely. Wrap a loop of masking tape, sticky side out, around your fingers and wipe them around the inside the bellows after your air blowing, to pull out the hairs that are stuck a little too well for air (and be very, very careful with the air, that you don't damage the bellows).
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin