Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,217   Posts: 1,532,169   Online: 978

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Folder M*A*D*N*E*S*S!!!

This afternoon, I dusted off my Zeiss 521/16 and shot a roll of J&C Pro 100 at my favorite film/camera testing haunt - the local fishing marina. I just souped the negs in Diafine - WOW!!! I had forgotten how great this little beastie really is!

This evening, Liz and I are off to Sandy hook with my new-to-me Zenobia C1 folder (a 645). I'll be posting pix soon!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I was given a 1939 Kodak 620 Brownie 6x9 folder a few months back, after a quick tamper to get it using 120 I now use it more often than my Holga ... If I have the time I will often take multiple pic's of the same scene with each my formats, on occasion I appreciate the Kodak 6x9 more than the mamiya RZ version (;

they are cheap as chips and its great using something after so long having probably ended up in the back of a drawer or in dusty storage box somewhere ...

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You betcha! My two most commonly grabbed cameras when I'm leaving the house are my 1928 Voigtlander Rollfilmkamera (6x9, with Skopar), and my Wirgin Auta 6.3 (6x9 with 6x4.5 mask installed, Gewironar triplet). The Skopar lives up to the legend, but I shoot the Wirgin more...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh Yeah!

I just picked up my 620 Kodak Monitor from Carol Flutot this afternoon. Carol did a CLA on the lens and shutter and it sure looks and works nice! It has a coated 101mm Kodak Anastigmat Special in Kodak Flash Supermatic Shutter. There was some fungus on the rear lens element, but Carol cleaned it off.

I picked the camera up on eBay for about $20.00, including shipping.

Tomorrow I'll try it out with a roll of J&C (trimmed 120 spool) Fuji Acros.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Alas, my only folder (yet...) is in LF...my Crown Graphic. I've been admiring, in a longing sort of way, the shots posted by the owners of these really neat cameras. They look like a lot of fun!

But, I'm patient...someone will eventually be unaware of what they've got and post it in the classifieds, or garage sale (very little hope of finding one at my price on ebay) and I'll swoop in! Till then, I ask that the rest of you keep shooting with them and post the great results...

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have several... A 645 Zeiss Ikon, 6x6 and 6x9 Voigtländers, a 645 Zenobia, several plate cameras, a 35mm Welta... Great fun, easy-to-use and even easier to bring
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've just got back home after taking out my Ensign Selfix 820 on its maiden outing, loaded with HP5. I went out to a rather dramatic rocky area near Saddleworth in the Pennines. Initially the weather looked good - lowish cloud and lots of atmosphere, but after about 20 mins the cloud came really low, the rain started and I thought **** this!. Came back without a shot!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    I have several... A 645 Zeiss Ikon, 6x6 and 6x9 Voigtländers, a 645 Zenobia, several plate cameras, a 35mm Welta... Great fun, easy-to-use and even easier to bring
    We wound up going to the Atlantic Highlands marina last night instead of Sandy Hook. I took the 645 Zenobia - as planned - and shot a roll of J&C Classic 400. It was getting late when we got home so I didn't soup the film last night, and it's just too damn hot to do it now...

We ran into a couple who had a 10 week old King Charles Spaniel puppy. I got a few shots of Liz playing with the dog while it happily pulled and tugged on the laces of her sneakers. We were interested in their dog, they were facinated by the Zenobia!
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AnalogWolverine
    <snip>
    Surrender to the MADNESS!
    These days when I feel it coming on, I lie down until it passes. For me, if not for thee, accumulating gear gets in the way of taking pictures.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Ole:

I just today picked up a 645 Zenobia! Do you have any tips / tricks, or other info about it? The bellows seems a bit dry, but I don't know if it's leather, or paper, so I don't want to put leather creme on it, only to find out it's paper, and the stuff destroys the bellows!

-Mike

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin