Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,403   Online: 731

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rollei TLR lens shade. Size?

I've got a Rollei shade & am not to be knowing which camera the critter fits. It has a glossy black finish withthe older Rollei/F&H logo on the top of the hood. The aluminum mount section measures 41.65mm in diameter not including the mounting tabs.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It probably fits one of the prewar Rolleicord or Rolleiflex cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does it match the size of the yashicamat stuff you have for sale? That is the smallest size of bayonet, the Bay 1, there are also bay 2 and 3. The oldest 3.5s seem to take the Bay 1, the other 3.5s seem to take the bay 2. Bay 3s are used by the 2.8s. I am guessing from the size that it just might be a bay 3, but I can't tell from here. I got one of those in a box of "junk" that I picked up on eBay once and it sold for over $100. It was in absolutely mint condition with the leather case, however, so one that looks more used and does not have the case will probably be worth somewhat less. (But still way more than it should be ) Sometimes the size is listed on the mount, is there any lettering there?

I would take a look at the Global Rollei Club at http://rolleiclub.com/. They have a listing of all of the TLRs and which accessories they took, along with lots of other good stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Paul,
    It's larger than the Yashica by about 4-5mm(eyeballing). The only markings are the logo & Germany on top & bottom of the hood respectively.
    It would make life way too easy if they put a size on it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy
    Paul,
    It's larger than the Yashica by about 4-5mm(eyeballing). The only markings are the logo & Germany on top & bottom of the hood respectively.
    It would make life way too easy if they put a size on it.
    Mine had a R-III on it. (Fancy Rollei R!)

Sounds like maybe a II rather than III. I think there is a place somewhere out there where they have specs on these things, but I have lost track of it since I haven't sold any Rollei stuff in a while. If I figure it out I will let you know.

Does someone out there have any hoods or filters for their Bay II or Bay II Rollei that they could measure?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If it has two small levers on either side down near the base, then it's for a prewar Rolleiflex or Rolleicord and not any of the bayonet hoods.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've just measured a Bay III hood. The mounting ring has an OD of 55.7 mm and an ID of 46.7 mm. One of my hoods is marked "R III" (curly R) and the other "38Φ". My Bay IV hood mounting ring is 61 mm OD and 52 mm ID, marked "Baj. IV".

Best,
    Helen
    Last edited by Helen B; 08-19-2005 at 08:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Bay II hood - Mounting ring ID is 41.8mm, OD is 50.8mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    jking,
    Sounds like a Bay II alright, a couple thousndths off is probably my casual attitude with the caliper.
    Thanks to all very much.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin