Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,243   Online: 1050

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Tripod recomendation for Mamiya C330

I am looking to buy a good quality tripod to use with my C330. It will be used almost exclusively in the field, used for landscapes as well as close up work and I am not too worried about the weight (within reason).

Thanks

Todd

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Bogen 055MF4, Magfiber tripod.
    [FONT=Times New Roman]MAC[/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Naw, not those "whimpy thangs" that are too easy to carry. My only tripod is a Bogen 3051 with the 3047 head. I use it for 35mm (yes, there have been a few smirks) and 8x10. Like in hunting, use enough tripod (gun). Also great cardio-vascular workout just carrying it to the car. tim

P.S. Arnold says "Don't be tripod girlie-men"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a Manfrotto 055 Pro B (not sure of the Bogen equivalent) with a 460 magnesium head. Taller than I am and will drop flat to the floor with just the head sticking up. Not the lightest. Not the heaviest. Plenty heavy enough for me!

Seems fine with my C330S and my F80.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Benbo Trekker; works well.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by noseoil
    Naw, not those "whimpy thangs" that are too easy to carry. My only tripod is a Bogen 3051 with the 3047 head. I use it for 35mm (yes, there have been a few smirks) and 8x10. Like in hunting, use enough tripod (gun). Also great cardio-vascular workout just carrying it to the car. tim

P.S. Arnold says "Don't be tripod girlie-men"
    Me too! Only a 3046 base. I use it for all MF and the Speed Graphic (looks good on the Bogen ). I do have a little fatigue carrying it about now a days since I'm recovering from radiation treatment, but, at age 70, I still make it pretty good. I use a luggage cart to haul the LF stuff in the field. Only one caveat: I had to replace the aluminum leg braces with a more structurally appropriate aluminum strip, available at the local hardware, because I broke the original when attempting to fold it after use. Those braces are rather flimsy. The conversion was relatively easy and done in my garage with normal "woodworking" tools.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I use the same combo as Tim and I have to say that it really impresses the ladies!
    If you can't answer a man's argument, all is not lost; you can still call him vile names.
    - Elbert Hubbard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about a Berlebach?

Actually, I have the Bogen 3020 and the 3047 head and it works very well. The 3020 is more moderate in the heft department, but my MF and LF rigs work great on it. It is more than enough for the Mamiya.

My wife is impressed, otherwise, not too many females have commented. The guys, however, seem to really be impressed with it. Maybe there is a little tripod envy going on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use mine with a Manfrotto( Bogan In U.S.A.) 055 tripod, the aluminium one I've had it for about twenty years long before the magfiber came out, I have been very happy with it, and the magfiber will be even better.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Bogen 3001 'pod with a small Bogen ball head for our C220 with a Paramender between head and camera. Since the format is square and the camera doesn't need to be rotated, the light 'pod has been more than adequate. I use the 3021 legs and 3047 head for the Pentax 67 and the 4x5...THEY'RE the ones that can't hold their heads up straight without a lot of rigid help!
    John Voss

My Blog

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin