Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,943   Posts: 1,557,605   Online: 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Wife is gonna kill me...folder madness...

"Hi. My name is Joseph, and I'm addicted to cameras..."

My wife is convinced that I'm a certifiable loon! She's reached a level of consternation I've never seen before....and she told me with my recent acquisition, that I'd better off load one or two of them or there'd be hell to pay....

But how could I resist?!??? I've been trolling the classifieds and ebay for a decent deal on a floder for about two years now! And now I have it! My Prrrecioussssss!!!

Dear wife just doesn't understand....we must have it! We can't have Hobbits or others keeping our Precioussss from us... And we know that there are other preciousessss out there tooo! Must have them! Must make pretty pictures with them!

Precious: Zeis Ikon Nettar w/ Nettar Anastigmat 1:4.5 110mm in very decent shape....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ZI-Nettar.jpg  

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyk49
    "Hi. My name is Joseph, and I'm addicted to cameras..."

My wife is convinced that I'm a certifiable loon!
    Heh, I have that certificate, no really! Oh, and I bought a Holga today and she doesn't know (yet).

J
    ~John~
    --------------------------
    www.johnbrewerphotography.com
    There are 10 types of people in this world - those who understand binary and those who don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    May I recommend something in platinum for the Mrs? (not the paper kind either!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    One of the great things about folders is that they can be brought into the house in a jacket pocket...not that I'm recommending anything.

I do know the feeling you had with the Nettar; I went through the same thing last year with a Voigtlander Bessa I. When I finally had the camera in my grubby hands, it was very hard to put it down.
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyk49
    My wife is convinced that I'm a certifiable loon! She's reached a level of consternation I've never seen before....
    Join the club. You should have seen the looks I got when I brought home a Ciro 35 (except for the leather case, it's in mint condition). Liz just put on her "deer in the headlights" look when I was extolling the virtues of my acquisition. OK, a Ciro 35 may not have any REAL virtues, but this one is in pristine condition.

She didn't agree that it really belonged in the curio cabinet in the living room...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    She always holds her breath when she opens up the "My Ebay" window....

Last year I bought a Polaroid 160....I have no idea what I'm going to do with it....but it sure does look nice! ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brewer
    Oh, and I bought a Holga today and she doesn't know (yet).

J
    Yer secret's safe with us...hehehehehe

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Be careful!
    She might take up the tactic that my intended uses - "Oh, let's go shooting together!" It might sound like fun, but how can you resist her desire to use the Zeiss and leave you with that APS relic she found in the trunk of the car? Remember - resistance is futile.
    It gets worse. Suddenly, she wants to know why you're in a bidding war over a Bessa II when you've already got the Zeiss and "I could use more film for it, oh yeah, and some filters". I've been OKd on buying LF - as long as it is an FKD for me and a Toyo with a bag bellows for her. I get to carry the Toyo whenever she shoots.
    No, it's not the worst of all possible worlds by a long shot - I've never heard a complaint about buying decent film, of B&W - but if your better half goes this route, prepare to move over. Working out a little so that you can carry two of everything helps too.
    The Kiev 88: Mamiya's key to success in Ukraine.

Photography without film is like Macroeconomics without reading goat entrails, and look at the mess that got us into.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Its funny. In the short period that I've had my Crown Graphic I grew used to the rangefinder. That coupled with my upbringing with slrs, made it quite an experience with the tiny little viewfinder and estimating range for focus adjustment.

I had the Tessar out yesterday with a couple of rolls of 400 Portra BW. I can't wait to see the results...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin