Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,254   Online: 848

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Which Polaroid back (for Mamiya 645Pro)??

Hi all

I'm looking to get a Polaroid back for my Mamiya 645Pro and in looking at the offerings at KEH (scroll down to bottom of page) I see there are two types; One has a dark slide and the other doesn't. So, which one? Is one better than another?

Thanks for the help!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you mean the NPC vs the Mamiya one? That is primarily a difference in brands. I have never used the NPC back, but I am certain it has a dark slide or you would have to shoot a whole pack of film to prevent losing a frame or more when you removed the back. The photo is showing the back side of the back and the dark slide is hidden around the right edge of the back in the photo. I just looked at the Mamiya N back and that is the same thing as the NPC, the dark slide is to the right and blocked by the angle of the photo. The thing you are seeing on the back of the others that looks like a film memo holder or something is a guide so that you can see what the frame will be like on your photo.

They all should work perfectly with your camera, I suspect that the one at the bottom that sells for a couple of bucks less is the older model that came out with the Super, but I am not sure about that.

Also, don't forget the tripod adapter if you are going to use it on a tripod. The back extends below the bottom of the camera and will interfere with mounting the camera on a tripod.

Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great - thank you for the info, Paul!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin