Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,959   Online: 1083

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Hasselblad H2 anyone?

It`s sad to see Hasselblad (Fuji?) going down this road also, the H1 take film and digital backs, the H2 it`s all digital(.
    Until when the V system?
    Sad but true!

http://www.hasselblad.se/index.asp?p...43&itemId=3701

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Juba
    the H2 it`s all digital(.
    André
    Hey André,
    the H2 is dual platform, film and digital, its the H2D thats digital only.

its not sad, your v series will run for decades yet

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan
    Hey André,
    the H2 is dual platform, film and digital, its the H2D thats digital only.

its not sad, your v series will run for decades yet
    Thanks for the correction, Fintan.
    I`m still nervous with all this Hasselblad/Fuji H system thing.

Cheers

André

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hasselblad H?
    Blaaah!
    It's got nothing to do with what made Hasselblad what it is... I am never giving up my 50x system for that thing. Even if its own company is pushing current owners to "upgrade" (yes, Hasselblad considers the move from V to H an upgrade as written in the latest Forum and ads).
    H was designed for digital, that's why the 6x4.5 format, autofocus, displays, Fuji lenses, 35mm SLR design, etc. Film is a "stop gap" to get a slightly wider audience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually, I think it's a very good system. The catch is... depends what you need. I've assisted some fashion shoots and for editorial stuff, 645 is fantastic. The ability to mix'n'match digital and film is by now a requisite, and I wouldn't spit on the glass, frankly. A Fuji lens, be it on an Xpan or H1, is by faaaaaaar not the weakest link in my image making abilities.
    That said, I don't live by shooting fashion editorials... and will (try to) keep my 501 and SWC until someone has to pry them out of my cold dead hands.
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    At least the V system lenses can be used with it (through an adapter).

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NikoSperi
    ... and will (try to) keep my 501 and SWC until someone has to pry them out of my cold dead hands.
    ...or until you can no longer pry film out of your cold dead freezer, whichever comes first.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by c6h6o3
    ...or until you can no longer pry film out of your cold dead freezer, whichever comes first.
    Damn! Hadn't thought about that... time to defrost that darn box, maybe I still have some more TechPan hidden under the ice?
    If you tone it down alot, it almost becomes bearable.

- Walker Evans on using color

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I tested the H1 when it was first presented. It didn't impress me, really. A bit too heavy for a 6x4,5 camera, and much too expensive. I also used it for a seminar I gave with a digi back (Hass. was a sponsor, the camera was hardwired and a guy from the company manipulated the software, so the images showed directly on a screen)...

Anyway, with that kind of money, I could buy a Rollei 6008 with 6x6 ability AND a 6x4,5 revolving, reducing back THAT CAN DO LANDSCAPE AND PORTRAIT shots WITHOUT HAVING TO HOLD THE CAMERA ON ITS SIDE !!!!!!!!! And great Scneider and Zeiss lenses, too...

Holding the camera in the "wrong way" is very annoying in middle format, since the cameras are bulky and heavy. So, a 6x4,5 camera has to have a revolving back in order to gain my sympathy... Of course the Rollei is heavy and bulky too, but if you don't have to hold it in an awkyard position, then it handles just fine....

On the other hand, if I wanted a 6x4,5 simple camera I would opt for the Pentax or the Contax (then in production). Nowadays someone can go for the Mamiya. Much, much cheaper stuff.

I don't see what the H2 has to offer to me more that the H1 had (after a quick visit to the website)...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I agree with my fellow country mate mr. Papantoniou, here. What's so special about the H system for one to buy into the Hasselblad system? The targetted market works just fine with a 35mm digital. The H system has nothing special apart from being bigger, heavier, bulkier, more expensive and its higher resolution is wasted because those who use digital commercially do it for matters of economy and convenience, not quallity. "Quallity is good enough for my clients" they will say when they defend their 6MP DSLR.

The V system has (had?) Zeiss lenses, square format, total mechanical operation, etc, all the things that Hasselblad has been defending all those decades. Then the merge happens, the H appears and that changed completely everything about Hasselblad. The H even has a completely new design that looks no different than other DSLRs apart from being bigger. Atleast my 501CM stands out and gets people's attention.

All I am saying is that the H system might not be bad at all, but what seperates it from Mamiya, or Fuji, or Canon, or Nikon in the end?
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin