Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,207   Posts: 1,531,904   Online: 1177

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I shoot in big crowds, the bigger the better. I use a rotating panoramic camera up a 3 metre pole and fire it with a remote. No viewfinder of course.

Once you've done a few of these and figure what the camera does and doesn't see the results can be spectacular. The camera is highly visible but I never let that worry me, it's the results that count.

I developed the whole system by imagining what a finished print would look like then building the bits I thought I'd need. It took some time to get it right. Don't be afraid to experiment.

Clayton

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Like I have written many times in the past, I find street photography a pleasure to do with a Hasselblad. The WLF is really wonderful to use, in terms of approaching people, composing but also because of the lower angle which I love. Any other finder would be wasted with me.
    I usually use TriX 320, mostly because of the look, but FP4+ is easy to use in the warm months here in Crete. I have even shot with PanF+ handheld.
    Only trouble with the Hassy is the mirror sound when you want to be more unnoticed. Not trouble on the street where there is usually lots of noise and distructions but it would be difficult inside a quiet place. That's where the TLR wins.
    A RF is even more practical inside a place where you take photos sitted as the WLF is not very practical there.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    I have both a prism and waist level finder for my Bronica. I have never done any street photography. Am I correct in thinking that the waist level finder is less intrusive and intimidating then the having a camera at eye level?

The other thing that I have thought is that the waist level finder will pretty much limit me to a horizontal format on the 645. Any thoughts on this?
    Is a rotating film back available for your 645?

Is a right angle finder attachment available for your eye level finder?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by juan
    Don, years ago when I lived in Atlanta I would go out at lunch and do street photography. I found it less intrusive to use my TLR with the waist level finder. I could also face one way and turn the camera 90-degrees to shoot to be further less intrusive.
    juan
    I know of some photographers who would attach a long dummy lens to the side of their TLR. They would then face one way and turn the camera 90-degrees to make it look like they were shooting through the dummy lens while they were actually shooting through the real lens which was turned 90 degrees.

When I played around with street photography a long time ago I would try to have the camera already focused for distance and then walk slowly down the street. When something interested me I would then stop and point the camera in another direction and then quickly turn and catch the subject and then rotate back to what I pretended to be looking at.

Since I used a motordrive, the subject may hear it and look up but by then I had rotated back in another direction and they weren't aware that they had been photographed.

I also practiced shooting with both eyes open so I was never confined to the viewfinder. That way when looking through the viewfinder in the fake direction, I could still see my real subject and quickly pivot back to capture them.

Michael
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You could also dress up in a horse costume and hide the camera in the nose Happy Halloween (Hey! If the drug stores can sell costumes and even start bringing out the Christmas candy, I too can get a jump on things)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin