Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,269   Online: 765

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pentacon six

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I own two of them, one completely broken and the other one has overlapping frames - in other words: These cameras break easily (be nice to the advance lever or it will break!). I usually say that the camera is a fine german mechanical design made with cheap russian materials - not a very good combination :-)

The Zeiss-lenses are superb and really not very optically different from that of my Rolleiflex 6008 which probably are more or less the same as those for Hasselblad - in fact I think, except for the coating, that many of the rolleiflex 6000 and pentacon lenses are the same (optically). Another difference is of course the different shuttertypes which really only is an issue if you use flash.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    civk,

You must be a moose, if you broke two of them!!!!

I have had quite a few of them, and for the most part, never had many problems with them, be good to them and they will be good to you..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, I tend to use my cameras as tools.

Just curious... why have you had quite a few of them if they don't break easily?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know Dave's reason, but mine is that I shoot color film in one body, B&W film in the other.

My Pentacon cameras have been very reliable over the years (25-30). Any camera can be broken if it is mishandled or encounters the wrong technician in the course of a CLA.

I have a third Pentacon 6TL (latest version) as well that is in absolutely pristine condition and was upgraded by Pentacon with the Exacta enhancements (including mirror lockup).
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cvik
    Well, I tend to use my cameras as tools.

Just curious... why have you had quite a few of them if they don't break easily?
    Well,

I currently own several hundred LF 4x5 cameras as well,

and I use mine as tools as well, as I have made my living with a camera for over 20 years now, just guess, I did not get one of the bad ones, When I shoot on asignment, I normally have 4 camera bodies loaded with 4 different types of film.

Thanks for your question.

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin