Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,723   Online: 867

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: kiev 88

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Assuming we can't talk you into getting a 4x5 instead-) Go to Arax and ask about the Kiev 60 kit but ask him for the lens you want instead of the 80mm standard lens.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycletricycle
    i already ahve a hasselblad and a mamiya, im looking for a battery independent 6x6 with a pentacon six mount. I really want the hartblei 45mm shift tilt lense and they make adapters for mamiya 645 and contax and pentax but they are all 6x4.5 and i want square. i wish i could adapt these lenses to a hasselblad, either a 200 or 2000 series but nobody has done it, i might try later, anybody got a 200 series hassy to donate? thanks for all the replies.
    One thing you want to consider is that the Kiev 88CM, which takes the Pentacon mount lenses, is a much better camera than the older Kiev 88. One important difference is that it uses a cloth shutter rather than the metal one on the older Kievs, and this makes it quiter as well as reduces tension on the shutter mechanism. The design of the back is also a real big improvement over the older Kiev 88. So you might find that the 88CM satisfies your needs nicely without the extra expense of the hartblei rework.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I own one and I must say I am pretty much satisfied.

- It works for me more than year without any problems detected, produces nice pictures in the available light. The focusing screen might be a bit brighter, but I can live with it.

- The only disadvantage I found is the X-Sync time = 1/30 sec, which is pretty slow.

- The main advantage is the price, especially when it comes to lenses. You can buy pretty good Zeiss lenses for less than $200 (I bought MC biometar 80, MC biometar 120 and MC sonnar 180 - all less than $200 on ebay (in excellent condition)).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin