Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,131   Online: 848

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

1st pic is not completely on the film in Hasselblad.

When I shoot a roll of APX100 in my Hasselblad the first picture sometimes misses the film by one half picture. Actually the problem must be me or the camera since I had the same problem with a kodak film.

It's wierd since there is only one way to load a film correctly and the hasselblad winder stops by itselves once the film is fully 'loaded'. Also: I don't think I put to much of the film cover in the emty holder when I load, just enough to grip.

I think it's always teh same amount of picture that misses the film, always about 50%

Any thoughts would be more than welcome.

cheers!
    Quinten

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten
    It's wierd since there is only one way to load a film correctly
    There really isnt, I was loading it wrongly for a month or two after I got mine. Can you describe the loading process, step by step.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    looks like you have to wind the film a bit more beofre letting the Hassy do it's job
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format

line up the arrows

When I first got mine I didn't line up the arrows on the film and the insert. I was surprised how much I had to wind.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Line up the little arrow head on the insert to the arrows on the film (keep turning the film until the arrows show up. Put the insert in the back and wind away... It's likely the issue.

(If you ask yourself "what arrows?", then it's positively the answer)

joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That is exactly what I did the first time I loaded my Hasselblad. The first picture was half cut off. I had no idea you had to wind it so far.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have the same problem with my Mamiya 7. I need to wind the film on past the arrow on the camera back or I lose half the first frame. There is obviously an issue there, but the work-around is so simple, I can't be bothered to investigate further. Thinking back, I think I may have had a similar problem with a Pentax 67. Quite common I guess?

Geoff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    A common problem with new MF shooters. You're looking for two really big arrows on the film backing that are perpendicular to the direction of film travel. Line these up with the arrows (or some cameras have dots) inside the back, then close the back and wind to frame #1. This only applies to cameras and rollfilm backs with automatic frame counters, not those that rely on the red window.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It doesn't apply to Rolleiflexes with automatic film detection rollers either.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My initial reaction was: "What arrows??".. I'll shoot the remaining frames on my roll today and load a new one while watching for arrows or dots.

It doesn't sound wierd at all actually, since I use very little of the filmcover while loading. So the windig process probably doesn't go far enough to reach the first frame....

Ohh it's all so simple when I think of it.

cheers and many thanks for the tips!
    Quinten

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin