Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,493   Posts: 1,571,393   Online: 1089

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

how to flash(bracket) with Hasselblad 501cm

Since my only flash experiance is with easy nikons and a master slave system I am a bit in the dark now I am planning to use my 501cm for flash work as well.

There is no easy flash shoe on top of the camera like with the nikons. So I read I need a flashbracket and I saw some very bulky ones with a big handle next to the camera. Is this the only option?

And can I use most regualir light equipment with it? I used to borrow it but I am about to buy some for myselves. After I start with one light for mainly fill purposes from the side I want to be able to use more lights with the camera later.

any suggestions are greatly appreciated, cheers!
    Quinten
    Last edited by Quinten; 09-19-2005 at 11:19 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I rarely use flash on my 500cm but bought one of these brackets second hand on ebay for use with my metz 45

http://www.tiffen.com/Stroboframe_qr66_page.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can buy the very expensive Hasselblad flash bracket that includes a shutter release as well but I am sure you can also find third party ones.
    I use a "no-name" bracket that is metallic with black plastic grip which matches the style of the Hassy well. The only trouble with it, is that its not that sturdy when holding the camera with one hand with the bracket and winding with the other.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The stroboframe is quite solid, but if you want something very light or cheap there is a flash bracket that clips onto a lens hood and one that slides onto the rail on the lhs of the camera.

Do a search on ebay for hasselblad flash to see the options you have.

You should consider the position of the flash v the camera, as a lot of people prefer to mount the flash above the lens and not to the side.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Oops my english got me here. I changed the title since I thought you need a flashBRACKET to be able to use flash. But now it seems that is not the case for external flash units. I am planning to buy a flash unit to use away from the camera, it seems I need something else than a bracket. (when not using master-slave setups, but triggering the flash unit directly)

I am sorry for the confusion I created... I should take some english courses instead of being bussy with photography.

cheers,
    Quinten

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like you need a simple PC cord. They go from your camera to the flash controller, usually with a studio strobe unit they go to the power pack, but on small units like the ones commonly used on camer, they go right to the flash. Most likely you need a standard PC on the camera end and the flash end will depend on the equipment you have or get.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a rather new field for me, but is it possible the Flash adapter (http://www.hasselblad.se/products/le...473&itemId=384) is the tool I need? And are there alternatives from cheaper brands?

BTW is it possible to change the threat title?

cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinten
    It's a rather new field for me, but is it possible the Flash adapter (http://www.hasselblad.se/products/le...473&itemId=384) is the tool I need? And are there alternatives from cheaper brands?

BTW is it possible to change the threat title?

cheers!
    To change the thread title, go to your original post, click edit, and change it there. I am pretty sure that it works.

The device you linked to is needed to connect a Metz flash that uses the TTL flash metering system of the camera. Studio setups generally don't do that, just smaller on camera type flash units that you might take a short distance off camera.

What kind of flash system are you using or planning on using? It would help to know more information about your situation.

Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quinten,
    What is it you actually want to do?
    Trip a remote studio flash or mount a portable flash on or at the camera? The the adapter you had a link to allows the use of Metz flash units in an auto mode.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer
    Quinten,
    What is it you actually want to do?
    Trip a remote studio flash or mount a portable flash on or at the camera? The the adapter you had a link to allows the use of Metz flash units in an auto mode.

Yes the "bracket" in the title is really unlucky, I am talking about a remote flash. I created so much confushion that I wonder wheter I should create a new threat with a correct title...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin