Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,563   Online: 1143

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Bronica SQAM film back stuck

Helllo
    I have a Bronica SQAM and I am unable to detach the 120 film back. I am following the instructions, but it seems to be stuck. Does anyone have any suggestions for me?
    Thanks so much!
    Nancy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Make sure the pin on the darkslide is activating the locking mecanism. If the back empty you could try with the point of a knive. Be very carefull though.
    S°ren

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of my SQ-A backs does this every once in a while. I have to kinda wiggle the darkslide fore and aft when inserting the last bit of it to make sure the pin releases the interlock.
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As Soeren suggests make sure you have the darkslide pushed in correctly so that the locking mechanism is dis-engaged. Every now and again I put the darkslide in upside down.:rolleyes: Look for the little indicator on the darkslide, I think it's a circle with a dot in the centre, and match that with the indicator on the film back.

Dave
    "...slow down and start using photography to create an image, not just capture one." b.e.wilson

"Speed kills, Del" Johnny Fever

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What everyone else said... I've never had one "stuck" without me having forgotten about the dark slide (which I do at least one out of three times when I change backs)...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks Everyone. The dark slide wasn't pushed in all the way. So everything is up and running again. I am still feeling my way around this camera. I bought the body off of Ebay and the back and lenses from KEH. I printed a manual from an online site. So I need as much help as I can get. You all are very helpful on this forum.
    Thank so much!
    Nancy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin