Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,808   Posts: 1,581,480   Online: 1087

Thread: 45mm lens

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

45mm lens

I recently purchased a 1000s, 2 lenses, extrension tubes etc. The seller threw in a 45mm lens at no extra cost, saying that she didn't think it was working correctly. I've examined it and can see some problems.
    1. some small specks that look like bubbles on one of the inner elements. Could this be fungus? something else?
    2. When I set the lens on "m" I should be able to see the aperture blades stop down, right? At least I can see this on the other lenses. On the 45mm I can't see that happening.
    Does all this sound like major repair work is necessary? I'll run a test roll through this weekend to see what happens. Just thought I'd get some advice from others who are more familiar with this gear than I am! Thanks.

John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it requires repair work, I think that it is worth it. (I am not an expert on lenses, but I would take it to the shop were it mine.) The 45mm is a wonderful lens. It is close to about 28mm on a 35mm camera and the one I have is probably my most used lens.

By the way, yes, it sounds like a problem with the aperture blades or the M/A switch. If you put the lens on A does the aperture close down when you move the pin inside the mount? I would suspect that the aperture is frozen wide open, but that is a better way to test it than the M/A switch.

Paul.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    When it is set on A, moving the pin does nothing. Looks like a trip to the repair shop all right. The lens looks pristine otherwise, so it's at least worth an estimate.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've had the 45 mm serviced. It had oil on the blades, so the fix was reasonable. However, I just took it out this morning to shoot a roll or two, and found that now I can't get it to focus properly. Guess it will go back to the shop to see if they put it back together correctly. Frustrating!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin