Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,065   Online: 750

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    REALLY good start with the Kiev! Are you gonna have fun or what?
    [COLOR=Blue][FONT=Georgia]Jim Anderson[/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    35mm
    Awesome. This thread is just what I was looking for, having been researching Kievs for the past few months. I've got a guitar or two I need to sell, then I think it's a Kiev 88 CM MLU for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I once owned a Salyut-C from Sam Sherman. It had the metal shutter. It also had a small pinhole in the shutter (which Sam warned me about before I bought it). I too loved to play with it, cocking it and firing the shutter to hear the clockwork sounds of the mechanism...until the shutter ripped.

Ah well, one quick trip to NY for repair (and a few calls starting with "Hello, this is Eddie from Camera shop") and it was great. I wasn't really using it, so I passed it off to my brother.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You will have some experiences with Kiev. I had one for a while, and did not like the mirror bounce, so I got a hartblei, which is a Kiev with a detail job, has mirror lockup and some other niceties. It is easier to use, and will take Hasselblad backs. They have a web site.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin