Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,057   Online: 785

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Loaner Program for an MF Camera, #3

Once again folks it is time to toss a camera to the wind, sharing a nice piece of equipment in the hopes I receive some interesting prints. There have been a couple of inquiries, and I encourage anyone interested to post their essay as to why I should choose them as the lucky receipient.

I will try to select the next victim by Sunday....

As always there are rules. Here they are, copied from before...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I have a couple of Koni-Omega rangefinder medium format cameras. Since I only use one of them, I have decided to help out those who are toying with moving up to medium format (sorry - I don't have any LF gear. But if you are willing to loan me yours...). You can check out the camera at http://medfmt.8k.com/mf/korapid.html Scroll down to the first picture with a red background. The camera has been cleaned and adjusted. Although this is an "old" camera, it takes beautiful pictures. Included will be a 90mm lens and one film back. You will need to provide your own 120 film.

So here's the deal:

1. You post a reason why I should consider loaning you my camera.
    2. I will pick who to send to. No democracy here, MY camera - I choose. If you don't have access to a darkroom, don't bother asking to have the camera.
    3. I will send you the camera, I will cover shipping one way. If you live outside the US, I may ask you to split the cost of shipping.
    4. You have the camera for 3 months from the day I ship it. Use it.
    5. You send the camera back, you pay for insured shipping ($100 value is OK).
    6. You send me what you consider to be the TWO BEST photographs you made with this camera. I will let you decide on print size and all those details (contact prints are NOT acceptable). I can dry mount & frame so don't waste your money on that nonsense unless you really want to.
    7. Let a family member know what is going on so that if something happens to you I can still have my camera back.
    8. All costs incurred due to your addiction to a larger format film are your responsibility.

As with anything mechanical there is the risk that something breaks. All I ask is that you take care of the camera, don't abuse it, don't disassemble it, keep it clean, and if it breaks - make sure you send me all of the pieces and a good story explaining what happened.
    Those who don't think Photographers have the skills of REAL artists such as painters obviously have not had to spot my prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As recipient of #2 loaner I have to say that this is a fantastic opportunity to test a mammooth rangefinder.

People as generous as Rex are very hard to find.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Wow... the silence is deafening.
    Those who don't think Photographers have the skills of REAL artists such as painters obviously have not had to spot my prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rexp
    Wow... the silence is deafening.

rexp

*L*

I would love to play with your Koni-Omega but I don't have time to shoot all the MF gear I have myself. I am suprised nobody is taking you up on this offer.

If I had my 5x7 gear in better shape, I would lend it to you for three or six months, but it needs too much work.

Get back top me in the spring.

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Gosh, I'd love to borrow it, I figured it probably wouldn't be that appropriate for my first post to propose something like this, but if there are no other takers . . .

Let's see, reasons to loan it to me? Well, I'll do my best to get you a good print of the Colorado Rocky Mountains -- I really enjoy taking cameras on hiking day-trips, and this looks like a great camera for moving into MF landscape photography. I'd love the chance to try out a MF rangefinder for a little while.

More about me . . . I'm returning to photography after a long time (15yrs) of limited shooting. Now I think I'm becoming hooked on fixer again. I've shot 35mm exclusively until I very recently inherited a pre-war Rolleicord, on which I've only shot one roll of film so far but think I'm going to develop a great fondness for the camera and the format.

I'm signed up for a class at the Denver Darkroom (where Paul Sorenson teaches -- I noticed he's around here every now and then) coming up this Nov., so I'd definitely put the camera to work.

Oh, and I love vintage gear (cameras and synths). As relevant here, in addition to the Rolleicord my other camera is a Minolta SRT-200.

So, I'd love the chance to use your camera to make some (hopefully good) pictures, but I'd understand completely if you prefer someone with more of a history here on apug.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Well - we do have someone interested. Peter (PhotoPete) has expressed an interest, and that means my camera will be headed to Massachusets. The hordes of people pounding on the desk to borrow a camera will have to wait 'till next time.

Congrats Peter...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Gabe, Welcome to APUG!

Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by Gabe Racz
    Gosh, I'd love to borrow it, I figured it probably wouldn't be that appropriate for my first post to propose something like this, but if there are no other takers . . .

Let's see, reasons to loan it to me? Well, I'll do my best to get you a good print of the Colorado Rocky Mountains -- I really enjoy taking cameras on hiking day-trips, and this looks like a great camera for moving into MF landscape photography. I'd love the chance to try out a MF rangefinder for a little while.

More about me . . . I'm returning to photography after a long time (15yrs) of limited shooting. Now I think I'm becoming hooked on fixer again. I've shot 35mm exclusively until I very recently inherited a pre-war Rolleicord, on which I've only shot one roll of film so far but think I'm going to develop a great fondness for the camera and the format.

I'm signed up for a class at the Denver Darkroom (where Paul Sorenson teaches -- I noticed he's around here every now and then) coming up this Nov., so I'd definitely put the camera to work.

Oh, and I love vintage gear (cameras and synths). As relevant here, in addition to the Rolleicord my other camera is a Minolta SRT-200.

So, I'd love the chance to use your camera to make some (hopefully good) pictures, but I'd understand completely if you prefer someone with more of a history here on apug.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceN
    Hi Gabe, Welcome to APUG!

Bruce
    Thanks, it looks like there's plenty of helpful people around here to help feed my resurgent interest, I hope to hang around for quite a while . . .

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Gabe - sorry you didn't make this round, but keep watching. The camera will be available in another 3 months.

The camera is on its way to PhotoPete, hope it stays dry in MA. Looking forward to some prints from that area.

Have a blast with the camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I await its arrival with baited breath!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin