Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,608   Online: 751

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter De Smidt
    ...if I were you'd I'd get a plain matte screen with built in fresnel. It's what I have in my Rollei.
    Thanks Peter (very Dutch name you have by the way) as you can read above I ordered an original Rollei glass the other day... but on the 6th of November I have an appointment with a Dutch Maxwell 'dealer' and I will definetely go and compare the screen above with the plain matte!

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSurround
    ... but on the 6th of November I have an appointment with a Dutch Maxwell 'dealer' and I will definetely go and compare the screen above with the plain matte!
    Unfortunately, I forgot to compare the screens on the 6th of November (I was buying a circular polarizer from that person too). The 'reason' that I forgot is that I am very happy with the [color=black](97074) Rollei screen that[/color] I ordered. It is much brighter (also in the corners) than the one that came with the camera in the 1960s (64913).

However, if I see the Dutch Maxwell dealer in the future, I will ask him to show me the Maxwell glass too.

Jeroen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Sl66 and bought a used Beattie Intenscreen at KEH.com. It cost under $100 (has no grid lines and has a micro split prism). My problem is that my eyesight is really bad close up (I have the waist-level finder).

The screen really did improve the brightness and I hoped that the split prism would help focusing but I still have problems. It is my 50yr old eyesight.

One of these screens may work for you, they are definitely brighter.

I hope this helps,

--John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As an update.. I just bought the 45deg prism for the SL66. What a difference!
    Nice and bright screen and easy to focus. The split micro prism in the screen really helps. I could never get the focus right with the waist level finder.

I don't miss the grid lines for what I do, Portraits..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin