Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,940   Online: 1208

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder
    Sorry to be a scratched record as every time these 645 vs. 6x7 questions come up I suggest the same thing ...

get yerself a RZ67 with one or more 6x7 backs and one or more 645 backs then you have both formats easily interchangable whenever you want - if you have two lenses you really end up having four as the smaller neg effectively lengthens your focal length -

Instead of fussing with the 645 finder masking I have lightly glued in some fishing line along the 645 frames on the viewfinder to get a general idea - It doesn't really affect my framing ability with 6x7 - in fact it helps me get my horizon and verts ...

I use this system and find I use the 6x7 a little more - but I think its due to the fact I have two 6x7 backs and the lenses i use.

I think there is a 645 back for the RB also although it is harder to find

Nick,

Your really stuck on that RZ aren't you, I am glad to hear someone had luck with the plastic fantastic, I had three of them and all of them went back to Mamiya, I finally gave up on them...

Dave

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Nick,

Your really stuck on that RZ aren't you, I am glad to hear someone had luck with the plastic fantastic, I had three of them and all of them went back to Mamiya, I finally gave up on them...

Dave

yup, I carry it all over - It sorta suits me, kinda big and ugly also (:

kchowp! is the sound of the shutter maybe

only had issues with the back systems, and that was a 3rd hand 1st gen RZ back - I fixed it with a file and a hammer, a little crunchy now on winding so i don't use it unless I have to -

My system minus the back is now all Pro II - bodies are cheap 2nd hand - Once you have two lenses and two backs like most people end up with anyway, pay another $300 or so and you will have another complete camera ...

amateur speaking here so reliability isn't too much of a factor ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin