Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,078   Online: 912

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Holga
    Images
    I know what you guys are talking about moving up to larger and larger formats. Currently, I have a 35mm system and a medium format system. When I shoot film, it is clearly with my medium format camera. Now I'm lusting after a 4x5 camera. I just need to buy it.
    Rebekah

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    What is it about the resolution of LF? To me it's not that you can see things so real, it's that you have so much more information on the film to render tonality. It can run forever.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have a Bronica ETRS - with 75, 150 and 40mm lenses. I bought it after having run 2 rolls through an old folder, and discovered I loved the format.

The 75mm is slightly wider than a 50mm on TF, but the angle is about the same along the long side of the neg. The 40mm is GREAT! So is the 150, but that's not a WA...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Overwhelmed with the response, seems like I better give it a try, thankyou verymuch for taking the time to reply.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eric
    Having a fixed lens medium format is nice, but sometimes, you want to changes lenses and you can't do that with a TLR or something like that.
    Except for Mamiya TLRs, where you do have interchangeable lenses.

David.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    One small thing that I found nice about MF, that many do not talk about, is the handling of the film... I have large hands and rolling and just basic handling of the film is easier. That may mean nothing to some but it makes things like archiving, scanning, cleaning etc. just a lot easier...

Then, as far as quality, not only do I get bigger negatives, I shoot better negatives... Even while shooting photojournalistic stuff, I wait just a hair longer for that shot... Since I only have 15 frames, I am more aware of everything. I shoot less, and get better results and since I have a larger neg, I can use high speed films, more often.. My iso 3200 stuff, looks just as good as 400, shot on 35mm.. I get to keep the flash packed away.. Thats awesome.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used to hate printing my 120 negatives. I really couldn't put my finger on it but I just preferred to print 35mm.

Then it hit me. The reason I hated printing 120 was that it made my Leica's 35mm negatives look second-rate in comparison.

I still shoot 35mm but my emphasis is now more on medium format.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Take the plunge! I'm shooting a Mamiya 645 - it's an excellent camera and it handles like a slightly large 35mm. And used lenses are cheap!

Robert

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    MF is fantastic, but watch the limited depth of field even with a 80mm lens. Can be problematic.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Consider a Fujinon fixed lens 6X9 camera with the 65mm lens. Those negs will blow your hair back. 65 on 6X9 is eqivalent to 28 on 35. Just a thought.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin