Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,970   Posts: 1,632,727   Online: 806

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Ive been bit by the Rollei bug...

I have won a rolleiflex Automat fitted with a 3.5 Tessar, off of the auction site. Can someone answer a few questions for me? Does anyone still CLA these cameras? I would like to make this a keeper, the last MF camera I probably will buy unless I can somehow come up on a cheap Hassie.(kinda an oxymoron) What is a reasonable price for this service?
    Thanks,
    Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

This guy is suppose to be the best!

I have been shooting with my Rollei TLR for over 10 years now. The most dependable camera I have ever owned. And I have quite a few in all formats.
    From the research I have done on the web this guy is suppose to be the best.
    You won't be sorry about your purchase! Happy Shooting!
    Jamie

Rollei Repairs
    by Harry Fleenor
    Oceanside Camera Repair
    909 Aviation Blvd. #4
    Manhattan Beach, Ca 90266
    310 374 6506 - email - harry@rolleirepairs.com
    Keep Film Alive, Shoot Everyday!
    JamiesInfraredPhotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently got back a Rollei that Harry Fleenor CLA'd and he did a fabulous job. I highly recommend him. He's not the cheapest or the fastest, but he's worth it.

Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got back my Yashica EM that I sent to our own Carol Flutot http://www.flutotscamerarepair.com/ CLA'd for me..About $70 incl return shipping. It was quite gunky and needed a few extra things too.

About 7-10 days out and back.
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had Rolleiflexes for many years - very durable, as others have said. If you're sending a Rollei in for service (is your Automat a post-war model with MXV flash sync and a coated lens?), this could be the first service it's ever had, so it's worth having the film wind mechanism cleaned and lubricated as well - sometimes the grease dries out and the film winds through the camera stopping at only one or two frames.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Joe,

I had one of these and sold it to buy a Mamiya RB-67. I'm now wishing I could go back to the square format. Anyway, I have some accesories you may want and I'm willing to let them go to another user for cheap. PM me if you're interested in a lens shade and quick release tripod adaptor.

Alan.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I second the recommendation to use Harry Fleenor for your service work. He has done work on my Rollei SL66 and it was top notch. Nice guy, too.
    Scott Killian
    www.scottkillian.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for all the replies. Now just have to get some quotes from the repair personel and I will be set.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by josephaustin
    I have won a rolleiflex Automat ...the last MF camera I probably will buy unless I can somehow come up on a cheap Hassie...Joe
    If you want a Hassie, now is the time. There were Hassies with lens, back, finder and modest warranty at the Boston show in the spring for $500. There were later models for a few hundred dollars more. In a private party sale I just blundered across the same outfit but with a 150 Sonnar and a prism finder, for $350. Not sure how you define cheap, but I think we are getting close.

jk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cheap is around the prices you are quoting!!! MAN I hope 120 stays around for awhile, I can finally afford to use it!!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin