Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,582,043   Online: 778

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm
    Um, Joey, why would anyone enter a competition that can be won only by dying? Yeah, yeah, I know "count no man happy until he is dead," but that's a statement about the prospect of changes for the much worse, not about what it takes to be happy.
    It's all to be had in the PROCESS! It's the continual attempt to achieve newer and higher goals of shutterbug nirvana...

Keep in mind that I'm a process person. I revel as much in the making of the photo, as in the image itself. So... its the acquisition of another, newer (to my collection) toy that starts the endorphins going and the prospect of what fun might be had in the ever ellusive quest for the photo that makes one truly happy.

Somewhat Quixotic, possibly, but FUN, none the less....

So, with that in mind: I really NEED an MF SLR.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by laz
    He who dies with the most cameras wins!

I stand corrected.....

Shooter
    35mm
    HAH. You're all great. Thanks. But seriously, a good point was made about focusing while using dark filters. I'd like to try infrared with an opaque filter, so a TLR will be perfect for that. Not to mention that the smaller lens means a less expensive filter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by phatcactus
    HAH. You're all great. Thanks. But seriously, a good point was made about focusing while using dark filters. I'd like to try infrared with an opaque filter, so a TLR will be perfect for that. Not to mention that the smaller lens means a less expensive filter.
    Well that depends..... Do you need a special mount for it Well there is of cource adapters. Actually I use my Yashica 124 for IR shots with the Maco IR 820c and a Heliopan 715nm Bay I filter. The true benefit from the small filtersize is it wont break if you accidently drop it, try that with 77mm IR-filter
    Søren

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brent8927
    Might be a good idea to have two of each...
    Two!!??? Not nearly enough. You need transparency film, color print fim, and B&W. Now add more cameras because you will need multiple ISO's for each film type. Then you need a few more because I need an N, N-1, and N-2 for each B&W film roll.

Glad I went through that - I finally understand why I have so many cameras!

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Budding
    Two!!??? Not nearly enough. You need transparency film, color print fim, and B&W. Now add more cameras because you will need multiple ISO's for each film type. Then you need a few more because I need an N, N-1, and N-2 for each B&W film roll.

Glad I went through that - I finally understand why I have so many cameras!

Robert
    Interchangeable backs, that's what you need.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keep in mind that whenever you have ONE tlr you actually have TWO camera obscura, stacked on top of each other. So by having a TLR and an SLR you are having in fact THREE camera, so at this point, you'd better stop trying to rationalize.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The question I would ask myself is, do I need another camera, will it improve my photography ? what will it do for me that my existing equipment will not for the type of work that I do, do I need it or just want it ? If I had a Bronica S2A outfit I wouldn't buy a Mamiya outfit, although I have used the Mamiya TLR system for more than twenty years, I would think the Nikkor lenses in particular for the S2a are better than the mamiya lenses, and the Zenzanons are at least as good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My guess is that you probably don't need both. Unless there is a money or
    guilt issue with having two cameras, keep both. As previous posts have stated,
    there are advantages to each. Use both. As you become more familiar
    with them, then decide. You may find yourself using one almost exclusively.
    Or they may turn into ornery siblings vying for your attention. Give it some
    time, and have fun with them. Jim.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin